• Page:

TOPIC:

Current draw on various circuits 5 years 10 months ago #20231

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Had an issue recently with the left signal indicator not flashing brightly as compared to the right indicator. Spent some time cleaning the related connections to no avail. When the front-left signal bulb was removed, the indicator would illuminate very brightly, as it should. (FYI - The rear left signal still works even with the front left bulb removed). Put the bulb back into the front left socket and the indicator was back to a dull glow. Used a Q-tip with a little polishing compound on it and removed the dull tarnish from the two socket terminals. Problem fixed!
With the upgrade recently to the MOSFET V/R and some work on the signal-cancel module (re-soldered the entire board and all connections and it now works) I became curious about the various current draw on some of the circuit's. I made some test leads to fit spade and bullet connectors and recorded these numbers from my digital VOR meter.
So for what it's worth:

55W Halogen Driving Light powered directly off battery via a relay triggered by high-beam .............4.27A
Park Lights .......................................................................................................................................... 1.30 A
SYLVANIA H6054 SilverStar High Performance Halogen Headlight ..............................Hi-Beam....... 4.40A
Low Beam..... 3.40A
Fan ...................................................................................................................... Start current ..........6.15A
Run current ........3.14A
Electrical harness (BROWN) No Headlight ........................................................................................ 2.17A
Headlight LOW ....................................................................................... 5.25 A
Headlight Hi-beam ................................................................................. 5.70A
Ballast Resistor (engine running).........................................Power IN…………………………………… 2.70A
Individual PINK ........................................... 0.80 A
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen, stocktoy, DannyKZ, Kawboy, Neville, StanG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds