Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Indicator wiring 6 years 3 months ago #18328

• whistlers mother
  • whistlers mother's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi lads . I’m restoring a 79 ZR1300.
It’s a US model bike imported to UK.It came with no inducators so I’ve purchased as close to original as I can find . Each of the new indicators has 2 wires . However on the wiring diagram I’m ok with the rear as I’ve found the relevant 2 connectors green & grey and also joined both up to black/ yellow . But on the front the diagram shows 3 wires coming from each indicator and I have 2! Any thoughts much appreciated thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Indicator wiring 6 years 3 months ago #18330

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Sorry I can't help as I haven't reached this stage yet. I don't even have the indicators! Could you post which did you buy?

Indicator wiring 6 years 3 months ago #18331

• whistlers mother
I bought them off eBay they are 10mm flexi stem , rectangular I think I paid £44 for the 4

Indicator wiring 6 years 3 months ago #18333

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
The original indicators for the US market had twin filament bulbs as the indicators doubled up as driving lights hence why you’ve got one earth and two lives. I can’t remember the colours now but I’ve just cut out the wire that fed the driving lights. You can figure it out from the wiring diagram. If not, I can have a look and let you know. Why not post some photos of the bike.

Indicator wiring 6 years 3 months ago #18334

• whistlers mother
I’ve just been so consumed with all the mechanics I’ve not had time to post photos but I will ASAP . In the headlight there is green &blue connectors which I think are for front left indicator . There’s also grey which is one of the front right

Indicator wiring 6 years 3 months ago #18335

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Mizztheman is on the money here. Your front indictors should be 2 filament 3 wire indicators with a blue, grey and black wire on each indicator lights.

The black wire should have a ringette and grounds out through the base of the indicator along with a main wiring harness black with yellow stripe main harness wire. on both lights

The front right indicator- indicator light grey wire connects to main harness grey wire
the indicator light blue wire connects to the main harness red with blue stripe

The front left indicator - The blue indicator light wire connects to the blue main harness wire
the grey indicator light wire connects to the green main wiring harness connector

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds