Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

GM 6 pack coil 6 years 5 months ago #17612

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Looks good Scotch! I will paint mine and then wrap them as well. Just need to fix those muffler cover for covering them later..
We went a bit off topic, I hope you don't mind! You know how it is. Discuss something and things pop up and you just have to ask about them.
I see your frame all shiny. Did you chrome it all? That must had been a big bill to pay! I am chrome plating my parts and it adding up quickly... I could have just have them stripped and polished, but since I am doing everything from ground up, I just decided to go broke but having it all done, hahaha

Are you painting the oil filter cup as well? I see the oil pan is back on :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GM 6 pack coil 6 years 5 months ago #17636

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I had the frame Nickel Plated in '83. It's not "Show Chrome" but was very pleased with the results at the time and am even happier with the quality of the work these years later. I had the frame, swing-arm, motor mounts, triple-clamp side and center-stand done for $550.00 taxes included. Can't imagine what that would cost now ! The oil filter cover was polished a long time ago.
I'm waiting for a machine shop to cut a prototype "Spin-on oil filter adapter/oil cooler that will replace this cover. If I ever get this, it will be polished, too. That's why the filter/cover isn't on in the photos I took of the "Wrap". I have hated the oil-change arrangement on this bike since day one. With the bike on the C-stand and with a DG, I have to use specifically shaped trays to catch the oil or it runs everywhere. I have a piece of aluminum roof-flashing cut and shaped to cover the DG collector for the same reason. One of the very few P.I.T.A. things for me on this bike. The Spin-on oil filter adapter/oil cooler will deal with this annoyance and will have some additional benefits too. That's another topic, when the time is right.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

GM 6 pack coil 6 years 5 months ago #17639

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
error

Last edit: by StanG.

GM 6 pack coil 6 years 5 months ago #17640

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Another topic I will have my eyes glued to! haha
I already have a plate to adapt a regular spin on oil filter for my Goldwing instead of the old canister. It crossed my mind right away to have something like this on a KZ, but the KZ has a totally different set up though, all sitting hidden inside the oil pan. I will definitely follow that topic when you start it.

I hear the DG mentioned a couple times and have no clue what it is, except seeing the 'DG' on your exhaust. What is different/beneficial about the DG collector and where does it come from? Is it something to keep in mind for the future?

GM 6 pack coil 6 years 4 months ago #17954

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Stan: DG refers to the DG Performance brand 6-1 header system

dgperformance.com/dg-performance-models....+into+1&appYear=1979

Nothing special except its cheap compared to most offerings. Sounds great. Have one on my bike. Jump to 3:27 to hear it howl.

Last edit: by Ledkz1300.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds