• Page:

TOPIC:

ZN1300 inline Radio fuse access 6 years 9 months ago #16870

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
The Radio on my ZN will not remember presets and defaults to AM every time the key is turned off. Also the clock resets to 1:00am. This seems to be a common problem and may be a fuse problem. The fuses in the audio fuse block are all good but I notice pictures of radios for sale on eBay show two inline fuses in the radio wiring.

How do I get to those inline fuses? I pulled the radio box out of the fairing and I can undo the radio bracket from the fairing but there's not much movement avaible as the wiring heads off to the front of the fairing somewhere.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ZN1300 inline Radio fuse access 6 years 9 months ago #16901

• Bucko
  • Bucko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I got my memory back. :)

As suspected, it was the in line Radio fuse. There are two inline fuses for the radio, a 5 amp fuse for radio and a second 1 amp fuse for power to the memory (clock and radio) and maybe lights for the radio control panel - not sure if I remember seeing them on before or not.

Access was obtained by removing the headlight. I also pulled out the power amplifier (which is located in fairing directly below the headlamp) although I probably could have got to the fuse without doing that but it would have been a little trickier.

No obvious reason why the 1 amp fuse was blown. I found a post somewhere online that mentions whenever disconnecting the battery, the audio fuse (presumably one of the ones under the right side cover) should be pulled to avoid damaging the radio - maybe as in blowing the 1 amp memory fuse? Seems goofy and others responded to the post stating they've never pulled the fuse(s) and never experienced any difficulties with the radio (or anything else) when disconnecting the battery.

Next thing is the crappy radio scanning but I'll create a separate post on that.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bucko.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds