• Page:

TOPIC:

New fuse block 6 years 4 months ago #18079

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Each fuse is it's own circuit. I saw no realistic means of bussing (bridging) two , internally - (The 30amp MAIN and 10 amp FAN) - so I did this on the outside with a small loop of wire from MAIN 30A "IN" to FAN 10amp "IN".
DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED FUSES - THEY ARE SHIT ! I had the MAIN 30 melt No issues after replacing it with some GOOD quality fuses from an auto-parts store.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

New fuse block 6 years 4 months ago #18080

• whistlers mother
  • Thank you received: 3
What I’m saying is in the original fuse box there is a wire soldered to each end of each one of the 5 fuses . The fuse boxes I can buy here have only one connection for each fuse . So for example the 30a main fuse can I crimp those both together with a spade connection and put it on my new fuse box with a new 30a modern fuse ?

New fuse block 6 years 4 months ago #18082

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
I guess I'm a bit confused :silly: On my '80 I also had the individual circuits soldered to the terminals on the bottom of the fuse holder, with a buss connecting the 30 amp Main to the FAN. Obviously this was so the fan can come on / continue to run, when the key is OFF.
So if I'm understand the question correctly - Yes -you can "crimp" the two together. As long as you do so on the power IN side of the fuse block you are using.

New fuse block 6 years 3 months ago #18368

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
Being someone that likes to fabricate stuff from scratch, I did basically what Scotch did, but, with a twist. I use mini circuit breakers, and they are replaceable with a large sized flat blade fuse, should the breaker...break. Haven't had a problem since doing that, and, no evidence of melting the housing from high current heating issues since then, either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, Kawboy, whistlers mother

New fuse block 6 years 3 months ago #18371

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
usakz1300 wrote<.... I use mini circuit breakers,....>

That's interesting! I have a selection of "standard" size suitably rated aviation circuit breakers that I considered using. In my case I thought the O/A "stacked" size precluded their use for where I wanted to place them. Would appreciate a photo of your "Mini's" installation. Curious to see if you used a fuse-block with blade-type Mini breakers in place of standard blade-fuses. A quick search just now suggests that I "could" replace my blades with blade type "Mini's" if I chose to. There's always another way of doing some things !

Last edit: by scotch.

New fuse block 6 years 3 months ago #18372

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
I use the blade type mini's, and built my own box from a section of rectangular plastic. Lots of build/design latitude when you do it yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds