Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

headlamp mountings 10 years 3 months ago #1237

• BillD
  • BillD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
the bike I bought used to have a fairing. I like the naked look,so I removed it. I have been looking around ebay for headlamp mounts and found a couple with a 300 buck price tag??? seems a little steep. Then I found those universal type which clamp to the tubes, anybody use those? thoughts? they seem a little cheezy, but they also provide a location for the side lamps/directionals.so Im thinking about using them. I know Kawasaki was big on the rectangle lamps, but I have not come acroos any entire lamp assy's any thoughts on round lamps? or is that a mortal sin? Im not doing a full blown resto, but rather a super clean up job, most would call it a resto, but I think to many people throw the word restoration around to loosely and it bothers me,,,lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BillD.

headlamp mountings 10 years 3 months ago #1239

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Bill,

Get a look at these on EBAY.

They fit & look great & you can easy drill an extra hole in for flasher / indicator mounting.

Fitted to mine & very happy with them.

Shop around EBAY for these as many other suppliers sell them.........cheaper !

See photo below with them fitted.

Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?
Attachments:

headlamp mountings 10 years 3 months ago #1272

• Roadhazardguy
  • Thank you received: 1
I have the same problem with mine but I have a couple of 5" Led lights I want to mount. I've been trying to figure out how to mount them because they don't have the regular side mount like you normally see but a horizontal pivot bolt on the back. I think I'm just gonna have to make a custom bracket for them to mount to and around the upper tubes, the trick is making it nice and neat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds