Electrical

TOPIC:

Question about timing on A1 6 years 11 months ago #16485

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97

Craig wrote: Hello Pete.....also check that your fuel tank breather is not blocked!

Breather has been blocked for years, did a post about trying to clear it and I gave up incase I broke or ruptured the pipe, thank goodness the fuel cap is not a tight fit :-), hey she isn't pretty and she makes me mad, but i'll get there in the end, now the weather is cooling off she must know I need to take a car with a heater to work at 4 am in the morning, she's a good old girl :-), oh I did speak to an electrician and a couple of others yesterday at work, I took my new multimeter in and they explained how to check things, simple really, but then we are talking about me using modern stuff :-)
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kza13.

Question about timing on A1 6 years 11 months ago #16493

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Kawboy wrote: I truly enjoy seeing those who persevere through tumultuous issues and come out the other end while a smile on their face. I've always demonstrated this to my kids and probably because of that I have a 37 year old daughter who is a Vice President in an insurance company and a 29 year old son headed down to Cheyenne Wyoming to manage an oil well services division. Both these kids know that there's nothing they can't do if they put their minds to it.
Kudos to you Pete for sticking it out. Just think of what you've gained in experience working through this issue. The old girl is 35 years old and God knows what has happened to it over the years. This is the joy of owning antiques and getting on top of the issues and bringing them back to life. Those that are not up to this kind of work need to go buy a new bike and ride the wheels off of it.
But when you get to Tim Horton's with your new ride nobody will give a rats rear. Show up with a 30 year old bike and you'll have to beg the onlookers for 2 minutes to go for that pee you needed an hour before. Everytime I rode in to Timmy's with my 750 triple Kaw, I couldn't get away for all of the old guys coming out of Timmy's coffee in hand to see the triple and smell the Klotz.
Hang in there Pete, the smile's coming

They certainly seem to draw a crowd of admirers when they are out and about.:)

Question about timing on A1 6 years 11 months ago #16517

• kza13
  • kza13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Well the old girl is parked in my garage, taking my ute to work, electrical gremlins somewhere I think, she will wind over but not run, bit of a fire sometimes, thinking of changing the stator as maybe it frizzled when the short happened in the wires to the regulator, when I did get it running it was charging a little bit, but not much, charged the battery to see if I could get it to run, no luck, might have to call in an expert as a last resort, an auto electrician, as I said electrics have me beat but first I will get around to looking at it all closer soon, pity, she ran so good for years and suddenly it all just went to pot, but shit happens and i'm use to it, so I guess this is the last post for a while till I get it sorted, cheers Pete.
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Question about timing on A1 6 years 11 months ago #16524

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Nil Illigitimo desperandum (don't let the bastard get you down)
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Question about timing on A1 6 years 11 months ago #16525

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Non Taurus Carborundum" - Don't let the bullshit grind you down !

Easy enough to check the Stator. Relatively easy to Re & Re if it's toast.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Question about timing on A1 6 years 11 months ago #16538

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
My bike suddenly quit charging properly. One day it would, next day it wouldn't. One of the wires from the stator came unplugged.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds