Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wire harness 7 years 6 months ago #14624

• frankle951
  • frankle951's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys, i have a 1982 1300 tour bike and I'm switching the old wire harness to a sport bike wire harness off a non touring

1980 1300, so far it turn out pretty good, but it would help if i had pictures of a wire harness off a sport bike or non touring 1300, if anybody can help me with pictures of there non touring kz1300 bike, i would appreciate any help i can get, need pics of the harness near the battery, Thanks.
When you wakeup please give thanks to God !!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by frankle951.

Wire harness 7 years 6 months ago #14630

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I have a brand new old stock unused wiring harness that I can photograph for you, but I'm not at home right now.
So if you can wait, I can get it done - just not sure when.
Upto you.
glenn

Actually, now that I think about it, it is the main harness that goes from the headlight , down the main spine of the frame to the battery area, but doesn't have all the sub harnesses attached- in other words, it is not every piece of wire on the whole bike.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Last edit: by tackelhappy. Reason: edit

Wire harness 7 years 6 months ago #14631

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
have you tried a service manual looking under the specific area you are working on they are available here online that may give you the info you need

Wire harness 7 years 6 months ago #14632

• frankle951
  • frankle951's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, I don't have a shop manual, and the schematic on this site, hard to read, once you download it, I guess I will breakdown and buy one, do anybody knows how the wires goes to the coils, Thanks.
When you wakeup please give thanks to God !!!!!!!

Wire harness 7 years 6 months ago #14633

• Raygun
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
I can take some photos and no need to buy a manual. Plenty of online ones to be downloaded. I printed one off at FedEx too. Email me for some pictures of the specifics!
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3

Wire harness 7 years 6 months ago #14634

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

frankle951 wrote: Thanks, I don't have a shop manual, and the schematic on this site, hard to read, once you download it, I guess I will breakdown and buy one, do anybody knows how the wires goes to the coils, Thanks.

I've mentioned this in a couple of other posts (probably before your time) Copy the page of the manual to a thumb drive or jump stick whatever you like to call a usb drive, then take it in to your local print shop and get them to fit it to a page size 11" x 17" and print it in color. Very legible. Then go the extra mile and have them laminate it for you. Then you can use dry eraasable markers to mark it up as you test your circuits. When you finally have your wiring sorted out, wipe off the wiring diagram and pin it up in your shop for wall art.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds