Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical

TOPIC:

Fuel starved? 7 years 11 months ago #12141

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I checked the tank and it's clean. I checked the coils and they look good as well. Pictures below. I installed the gas line which is
Fuel injection hose. Then I tried starting her up. It backfired like a gunshot before it started and idled perfectly. However the oil light stayed in. The oil level is correct and I changed the oil a few weeks ago. WTF? Oil pump?

Maybe you are over thinking this check the light is operating corectly and the pressure switch is also good. It is unlikely the pump is the problem.

As for the coils the usually fail before the cracks appear or at least stop working well
Use a Digital Multi Meter and check the primary and secondary coils for continuity and the secondary for connection to ground which is the steel core.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel starved? 7 years 11 months ago #12144

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Have just recently had the issue of the oil pressure light not going off when bike is run up, resolved by checking that I had a 12 volt supply to the switch which I had so replaced pressure switch problem resolved.
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Fuel starved? 7 years 10 months ago #12230

• Scorpio2016
  • Scorpio2016's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Never used a Multi-meter but I'm off to scout one out. I Googled how to test the Coils so I'll doit and report back.
BTW, my oil light has gone out now when I start her up...don't know why it stayed on before but I'm a happy boy now.

Fuel starved? 7 years 10 months ago #12234

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
The pressure switches can get quite a bit of crud in them and be sticky. Might pay to remove it and use some carb and throttle body cleaner to wash it out.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Fuel starved? 7 years 10 months ago #12235

• McZed
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
If your coils are still the original ones fitted to your bike I would replace them anyway. They’re over 30 years old so they are going to be a bit suspect.
Z1300 UK

Fuel starved? 7 years 10 months ago #12617

• Scorpio2016
  • Scorpio2016's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
These any good?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds