• Page:

TOPIC:

red wire,, yellow stripe and other help needed?? 8 years 4 months ago #10392

• bobber-edd
  • bobber-edd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
hi all ive got a red wire with a yellow stripe under the tank not going anywhere anyone where it goes ???and the kill switch is the wrong way round any ideas its on when it should be off ?? :woohoo: :unsure:
zed 13 1979 A1 model

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bobber-edd. Reason: worded wrong

red wire,, yellow stripe and other help needed?? 8 years 4 months ago #10396

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
It might be coming from your Kill switch to the connector to your IC Ignitor or to your oil level warning light switch
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Last edit: by Mark. Reason: addition

red wire,, yellow stripe and other help needed?? 8 years 4 months ago #10400

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

bobber-edd wrote: hi all ive got a red wire with a yellow stripe under the tank not going anywhere anyone where it goes ???and the kill switch is the wrong way round any ideas its on when it should be off ?? :woohoo: :unsure:

I hate to be a PITA but if we don't know what year model and country of origin you're working on it's a crap shoot as to whether you get good advice or a bunch of garbage.

One of the BEST PLACES to identify your bike is in the signature box on your profile. You can put anything in there and most of our guys have a list of all of there bikes in there. Once it's in your signature box, every post you put up has it there. My other pet peeve is when members don't put in their location. Helps us understand why some people don't reply for up to a day.

There are a few Yellow with a red stripe wires looking at one of the wiring diagrams, but without knowing what you're working on, I won't speculate at this point.

red wire,, yellow stripe and other help needed?? 8 years 4 months ago #10412

• bobber-edd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
thank you kawboy but its a red wire with a yellow stripe and its a 79 a1 model and in uk
zed 13 1979 A1 model

red wire,, yellow stripe and other help needed?? 8 years 4 months ago #10413

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Red with a yellow stripe - There's only one wire color coded like that and on the European model it comes from the main headlight bulb and it's open ended ie. not connected to anything, so I'll assume that on other models it is connected. Have a look on page 279 of the manual and look down near the bottom center of the diagram. You'll see the starter lock out switch and just to the left of it is the open ended Red wire with a yellow stripe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobber-edd

red wire,, yellow stripe and other help needed?? 8 years 4 months ago #10417

• bobber-edd
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
cool thank you that explains why I can not find anywhere for it to go??but the kill switch is the wrong way around but ive not touched that so it must of been like that for the last 25 years haha,i could always just swop the wires over or take the switch out and refit it upside down ....which is probable what the last owner had done :sick: ....makes for a great anti theft device
zed 13 1979 A1 model

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds