Username: Password: Remember me
Electrical
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Master switch under side cover removal 8 years 6 months ago #9338

• Cycomike
  • Cycomike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently had the wires soldered at the back of the master switch come loose due to corrosion and strand me on the side of the road, so I get home find the problem and wire in a single pole double throw switch according to the wiring diagram so I still have the same function as the old master switch. BUT upon riding the bike again I lost the charging circuit and got stranded again so I installed a new stator and voltage regulator/rectifier made by electrosport and when I fired the bike up it was charging 13.8 volts DC but as soon as I had the bike warmed up I checked again and now only had 11.7 VDC , so I check the stator and it is putting out 28.9 volts AC on each leg or yellow wire coming from the stator at around 4000 rpm. But I still have only 11.8 VDC at the battery, so I buy another regulator/rectifier but no change still 11.8 at the batt? By the way the bike is a 1979 KZ1300A1 all stock except for Nology coils,NGK wires,D&G six into one pipe and now the Electrosport charging stator an reg/rec. My question is how is the master switch wired internaly because this all stated when it crapped out , what the heck am I missing here. Thanks Mike in Tennessee USA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Master switch under side cover removal 8 years 6 months ago #9341

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
What you're looking for is on page 278 of the service manual. If you don't have a copy of the manual, there's an electronic copy on the bottom right hand corner of the Home page of this site. (278 is the electrical wiring diagram and there's also a box at the bottom of the wiring diagram showing the connections of the switch in the various positions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cycomike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds