Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Joys of Ebay! 9 years 11 months ago #3312

• HotRodSixxer
  • HotRodSixxer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
I've bought a lot of stuff on Ebay and usually it's a good experience but once in a while..... I'm finally getting back to my project 1980 KZ 1300 after over ten years sitting with the front end off it. I figured I should check the steering bearings before putting the forks back on and sure enough they're bad. So I get on Ebay and click to buy a set for $32/free shipping. Then after looking at some others I found the same brand set for $26/free shipping. So I cancel the 1st set with an email to seller. No reply! A couple days go by and PayPal says it's sent money to this outfit. AgainI email the seller reminding him to cancel and refund my PayPal. No reply! Now this morn I see it has shipped! Another email sent to seller warning him that it's almost Resolution Center time! Hopeful for a resolution, most of these guys will do anything to not get negative feedback! Thanks for letting me vent! Good news for you that need steering stem bearings though, they are available for only $26/free shipping! These other guys were $6 more on a $26 item and I need that more than they do!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Joys of Ebay! 9 years 11 months ago #3318

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I do hope the ones you got weren't Pyramid brand because they ....well aren't the best lets say. They wear out quickly. 21,000km on my BMW K1100
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRodSixxer

The Joys of Ebay! 9 years 11 months ago #3319

• HotRodSixxer
  • HotRodSixxer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey Rick, The bearings are All Balls brand. There were 3 or 4 sellers selling them on Ebay. I hope they are OK. I probably won't put many miles on anyway.

The Joys of Ebay! 9 years 11 months ago #3320

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I haven't heard anything bad about them.
I bought Fork seals from Pyramid and one of them actually folded inside out with the small retaining spring riding up and down the fork and oil all over my left side disc and that was with less than 2000km on them.
The bearings as I said only lasted 21000km and when I took them out I could scratch the surface of the cup with a scribe, I think the steel quality was a bit above mild.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds