Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I have collected seven, sixs..lol 2 years 8 months ago #29371

• hood1
  • hood1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Rode for over 50 years at 72 unable to ride so out of love for bikes started collecting.  Had many bikes but my favorite was the CBX1000 over the years owned seven what a sweet sound they made. Today in the US they have gone through the roof. If you could find one... then I discovered the ZN1300 love them also.  I have collected seven of them three running now four appear that they could be made to run.  I purchased a shop manual boy what a complicated bike.  Thinking of converting to carbs and removing a lot of the stuff....Anybody out there tried this? All of mine are ZNs baggers have never seen a KZ anywhere?  Also planning to strip the worst one down and see if the frame ect can be modified to reduce weight as much as I can............Could talk bikes all day a big part of my life love your site.  Fred Hood Waco Ga USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have collected seven, sixs..lol 2 years 8 months ago #29375

• dcarver220b
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 181

Rode for over 50 years at 72 unable to ride so out of love for bikes started collecting.  Had many bikes but my favorite was the CBX1000 over the years owned seven what a sweet sound they made. Today in the US they have gone through the roof. If you could find one... then I discovered the ZN1300 love them also.  I have collected seven of them three running now four appear that they could be made to run.  I purchased a shop manual boy what a complicated bike.  Thinking of converting to carbs and removing a lot of the stuff....Anybody out there tried this? All of mine are ZNs baggers have never seen a KZ anywhere?  Also planning to strip the worst one down and see if the frame ect can be modified to reduce weight as much as I can............Could talk bikes all day a big part of my life love your site.  Fred Hood Waco Ga USA

Hi Ya Fred, from another 6-aholic!

Here's my CBX

..regarding KZ's, I have a 1979 A1 bought new, just acquired a 1980, truly a 'garage queen find', for a whopping 500 USD!

The A1 has undergone a full engine up resto, you might find good reading on my site.

Good luck!

I have collected seven, sixs..lol 2 years 8 months ago #29382

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
Hello Fred,  ‘talk bikes’ all you want!   It’s good to read about other people’s experiences.
It would be good to see some photos of your  bikes.  I really admire the ZN1300. Aren’t you ever tempted to ride one of them?

I have collected seven, sixs..lol 2 years 8 months ago #29387

• hood1

Looks like the school bike I owned it was low mileage my favorite tight as new.  Being me first thing I did was drill a few holes in the end of the mufflers so I could hear it. Recall it being an 81 it was a the silver bagger.  Owned one red 79 but actually prefer the bagger. the last two I had an 82 and the 81 school bike I sold them both to the same guy for 5K. Kick myself every time I think of it.  Then I bought a 1500 gold wing hated it next was a royal star hated it worse. Was busy and did without a bike for a while then discovered my balance would not allow me to ride. But I did discover the ZN love them another bad ass six.  Bought one then another have seven now. Working with a guy on number eight just obsessed with the bike.  For 1984 they were very advanced. Also seem to be quite bullet proof. The three I have running crank them often just to hear them run. Put non ethanol with octane booster in all they run quite well.  Bust my first love will always be the CBX much cleaner and simpler and perfect size and balance for me, miss them.... 

I have collected seven, sixs..lol 2 years 8 months ago #29388

• hood1
I could tell some stories....Like in the 60's when I bought an Indian chief with a frozen motor for $65.00, true story. Would love to ride but at 72 my balance is off bad. I have to have a helper when I move my ZN's around.  Did buy a Lexus SC430 convertible it helps some.

I have collected seven, sixs..lol 2 years 8 months ago #29394

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 240
I think the CBX- B  sports tourer is one of the best looking bikes ever.  Yet it seems Honda couldn’t sell many. 
I I can understand your obsession with the ZN1300 Voyager -  an awesome bike - but what a shame you can’t ride one.   Have you had your inner ear checked?  That affects balance.
I bet you wish you had kept the Indian - what would that be worth now?

There are members of this forum who have used the ZN1300 as a basis for a cut-down special. Maybe they’ll give you some ideas, if that’s what you want to do.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds