Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Who's been up to what? 3 years 7 months ago #27659

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Thank you Stocktoy...............thats clearly experience speaking.
We have had 3 JRT's in the family over the last 36 years, all great little dogs, but for some reason this one was just very special and it happened very quickly, so its hit hard.

Regards

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's been up to what? 3 years 7 months ago #27661

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Sorry for your loss Pete, I really can sympathise mate - as a life long dog owner I know how truly painful and shitty it feels when it happens.

Re Bikes - I viewed another Z13 locally, nice bike, very tidy but not sure I like it enough: unbelieveable though, but a farmer who lives only 3 miles from my house has a 79 A1 in his barn / workshop: been under a cover for a decade. Had I not just purchased an odd ball raritry: a Moto Guzzi 1200, think I would have had it - maybe ..
As we say in the UK the Guzzi is a "Marmite" bike- insofar you either love them or hate them ! To ride its very involving and a bit like a very fast tractor :cheer:

Also, finally started my next project, a Kwak H1 500 triple, had her at the back of my garage for 3 years, but she's now in a thousand pieces dotted around my house, at Chromers, Powder Coaters etc etc . Up close she really is very rough, I think the previous owner's tool kit consisted of a Lump Hammer and a screw driver, as if you can snap it off or damage a thread he has managed to do so: I really have my work cut ou with this one. a fill on nut and bolt resto .

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Last edit: by Tonto.

Who's been up to what? 3 years 7 months ago #27662

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
I too am sorry for your loss Pete. Dogs are more like children of the family. Each has a personality all its own. Nobody wants to see one of their children die.

Tonto. Looks like a 73 or 74 H1 ? We' ll have to call you Big Chief Smokem Up once you get that one fired up. I can see the smoke trail now. And if it was Klotz, I'd follow you anywhere.

Who's been up to what? 3 years 7 months ago #27664

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Our pets are valued like, if not more then our children. Can't help but have great empathy for your loss !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Who's been up to what? 3 years 7 months ago #27670

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
I feel your loss Pete which is why I probably will never own another dog. I adopted a Shar-Pei, over fifteen years ago and had him for about six years before he died. A very naughty dog who got up to all kinds of mischief. If I had a drink in the house it didn’t bother him. However, if I’d been out for a drink, as soon as I walked in the door he would growl and snarl at me. The wife had to shuffle him off into the kitchen. I can only imagine it was something to do with the previous owner.

He suddenly became ill and whilst in the the Vets he had a prolapse. Unfortunately the vet could not save him. Heart breaking for myself, Wife, son and my daughter who were with me when it happened. I couldn’t bring my self to own another dog after that experience.

Weather in the U.K. has been rubbish, as usual, but looking good for the weekend so will probably head out to north wales. Goldwing is currently on hold but have the frame and various other bits back from the powder coaters so I just need to get my backside in gear and put her back together. I’m also off to have a look at another KZ1300 so I’ll let you know if I buy that one or not.

Not posted much recently but visit the site 2 or 3 times a day just to see what people are posting.

Last edit: by mizztheman.

Who's been up to what? 3 years 6 months ago #27673

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Well bikewise I did have a go at re-commissioning my old girl during lockdown. Replaced the coolant (long overdue), changed the oil plus a few other bits & bobs. Got a slight weep from the waterpump mechanical seal which I'm hoping will clear up once back on the road. But that's as far as I got before having to resume employment.
Only dead fish go with the flow

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds