Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Been pretty slow arund here the last few weeks. 3 years 7 months ago #27523

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Very nice Tim.

I see the CBX is lurking in the corner of the garage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Been pretty slow arund here the last few weeks. 3 years 7 months ago #27525

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
Thanks chaps - aren't bikes strange things
I loved my Z13, it was an absolute joy to ride when she behaved herself, but she gave me a constant ever changing myriad of problems during my 5 yrs of ownership - yet, I still really want another one :cheer:

Martin, hi - you still into Kettles ?
Re CBX, that and my Z13 were my go to bikes of choice (well, when the Z13 wasnt playing up) , still enjoy riding the CBX - different to the Z13,truthfully not quite as involving - but still a blast. Sprinkled some much needed TLC on her a couple of years ago, and she's behaved perfectly ever since.
Now if I could only find my perfect Z13 !

Apologies for pics of a non Kawasaki - but at least it has six cylinders :evil:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Tonto.

Been pretty slow arund here the last few weeks. 3 years 7 months ago #27526

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Ok, now I have to put on a drool bib. I had a '79 & '80 CBX in Candy Glory Red. Wished I had never got rid of the 80. The '79 went up in a fire in the parking spot of an apartment building. It got so hot in the fire, the entire left side of the engine melted leaving the crankshaft, 3 con rods and 2 camshafts hanging out Lost a 3 month old 1984 VW Scirroco in that fire too. The Fire Marshall thought that someone had attempted to remove the Bauplunkt radio from the Scirocco and started a dash fire. By the time the fire department showed up , 18 cars had fire damage. My Scirocco was less than 2 feet tall and the CBX was almost beyond recognition. Oh the tears !!!

you can tell I have a soft spot for the CBX since my Avatar is my old CBX and I'm spoofing my KZ1300 to Look like the old CBX in Candy Glory Red,
KZ XIII decals and of course a whale tail

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto, mizztheman

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Been pretty slow arund here the last few weeks. 3 years 7 months ago #27528

• mizztheman
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Hi Tim,

Still got my kettle but, to be honest I’ve fell out of love with it since owning my Z1300. The two bikes couldn’t be further apart on the smileometer scale if there is such a thing. As for the CBX I still consider this bike a thing of beauty. I’ve never ridden one but hopefully when I finish the GL1000 K0, I may have another look at buying one.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Been pretty slow arund here the last few weeks. 3 years 7 months ago #27530

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Hi all, its been a while for me to post as well, apologies.... having to go back to work and having nearly finished my project means less time in the Covid shack.. :(

I have been concentrating on a plan to get the Mercedes fixed. It has a prop shaft centre bearing that needs replacing, along with the road springs and ride height compensating piston, plus brakes need new fluid.

But although I have a 1 1/2 garage in which it sits plus the KZ1300 and a KZ1000P, it is not wide or high enough for a car lift, so looking where I can 'borrow' one.

The KZ1300 will get its exhaust and hopefully the number plate around middle of August, then planning to do a long inaugural ride.

Can't wait!

Paul

P.s. Gorgeous bikes y'all! Seriously!
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Last edit: by McBoney.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds