Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Over to Le Mans . 3 years 9 months ago #27148

• englishcw
  • englishcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25
I started to go to the Le Mans 24 Heures Du Moto in about mid 80's . Something to look forward too after the Winter , about the second Week-End in April , and , usually France would be Dry , and warmer then Brum . One Year , perhaps 91 /92 , we debarked the Ferry about 22.00 Hours , and set off for a Night stop at Honfleur , about 30 Minutes away , and over the Pont Du Normandy . A Most Beautiful Bridge crossing the River Seine . The Bridge is worth googling , so you can see the Span , and the rise . It is a Toll Bridge , so my Brother and I had to stop to pay , me on the Z1300 , with stainless Silencers I had made , and my Brother , on his Yamaha FZR1000 , also with more open pipes . Just pulling out from the Toll , Two Gendarmes stepped into the road , signalling for us to stop . First thing the Police in France do , or used to , was to check you had keys , and the Motorcycle was Yours . Then , ask where you are going . In my best French , I explained Le Mans , that got that ''look '' From the Officer , but I hasted to add , stop in Honfleur , which pleased him . That was the Preamble , now to the Fun Bit . We said out good-bys , and Frog One , with his Left Hand pointed up and over the Bridge , and with His Right Hand gave the Twist of the Throttle . Well , say no more , Me and my Brother ripped those Throttle Wide Open , and roared up that Bridge with the Exhausts barking into the silent Night . Such Good Times, and Great Memories .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds