Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Personal Project Rebuild 4 years 4 days ago #26568

• Kawlover
  • Kawlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Fellow KZ lovers. I guess it's ok to use the word lover as it relates to our love for the KZ sixes. It's been a long time since I posted anything but I do read the posts to my thread line that comes through. Little background as it relates to me and my bike. I bought a 82 KZ1300 back in 83 while stationed in Germany (Mannheim) which I still own today. My "big Baby" is the name I gave her way back then, hasn't been started or ridden in over a decade; maybe longer. I've made up my mind to restore this ole girl to her younger glory. That's where you all (members) come in. I am gonna need some help and reading the forums I have gained a lot of information. I am going to take some pictures and post later this evening or tomorrow. Right now, "big baby" is in some pieces, i.e., the engine is out of the frame and on a enging stand. I want to go through the engine but not sure if that necessary. Wheels on frame and frame on bike stand. She has some rust or bad pitted chrome etc. She ran find when I shut it done last time ridden. No smoke or leaks or any problems that I can remember. Having said all that, I am going to post pictures and like to know from you experts; if you were me where would you start? I can go on and will after I take and post the pictures. Maybe then you all give me some better insight. So let me go and take the pics and come back>>>>
KAWLOVER from South Carolina, USA
WBOYD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Personal Project Rebuild 4 years 4 days ago #26569

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
I’m looking forward to your pictures and future posts.

Personal Project Rebuild 4 years 4 days ago #26570

• Kawlover
Here are some pics just taken. Sitting with phone trying to decide where to start resurrecting my girl.
WBOYD

Personal Project Rebuild 4 years 4 days ago #26571

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hello KawLover,
Welcome to KZ1300.com!
Please, as you compose your posts, do not use your back button. Instead just minimize the browser. The back button confuses the forum software resulting in attachments that will not display.
Thanks
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Personal Project Rebuild 4 years 4 days ago #26580

• Kawlover
Hello Admin KZQ. Thanks for info to properly post. It has been years since I posted anything. Not even sure if this thread post belongs in this category forum. Anyway, here is another try at posting pics of my project to rebirth my sixer. Started tearing down engine today. Found a bad alternator to start. Any help and or ideas would be helpful. To do things i know on my list is to replace timing chain tensioner, thermostat, rebuild carburetors, rectifyers, etc. Got some more pics. This is attempt to post some. Hope it works.
WBOYD

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Personal Project Rebuild 4 years 3 days ago #26586

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Another work in progress. From a rock to a gem !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds