Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Have a Chuckle . 4 years 3 weeks ago #26386

• englishcw
  • englishcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25
A little amusing tale in these trying times . You will have read , perhaps , that I have just resurrected my Z1300 after a long hibernation , the Motorcycle , that is . Well although I had cleaned the Carbs during the lay up , the float needl [ s ] decided to pass a little . Ordered new from Oz . When doing this type of work I lay everything out , carb for carb . So , carb 's off , on the bench , float bowels off , floats off , re-fit needle valves , re-fit the float bowels , congratulate myself everything went O.K. , and notice the floats and pins sitting to the side looking at me ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Have a Chuckle . 4 years 3 weeks ago #26387

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Now there's a prime reason why you should have a set of Scotch's brass floats. You couldn't miss those babies gleaming on the bench.:whistle:
And it wouldn't matter how many beers were involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Have a Chuckle . 4 years 3 weeks ago #26388

• englishcw
  • englishcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25
I stopped taking Beers into the Garage many Years ago , for that reason.

Have a Chuckle . 4 years 3 weeks ago #26390

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
I find beers help actually!

I still have five Corona's in my beer fridge in the garage... (not joking! Its true!)
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Have a Chuckle . 4 years 3 weeks ago #26392

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

McBoney wrote: I find beers help actually!

I still have five Corona's in my beer fridge in the garage... (not joking! Its true!)

On my way !!;)

Have a Chuckle . 4 years 3 weeks ago #26394

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Now that's a welcomed change of topic and a Hilarious one to boot ! Kudos englishcw !! Still laughing !

So....I know this guy who several winters ago removed his carbs to do "something" and decided to check the float levels prior to reinstalling them on the bike.
He typically checks the levels 2X and accumulate that fuel from the bowls in a small plastic container ("Betty Crocker" ready to use cake icing). He has several of them as they are a very useful size. When the container gets full, he pours that fuel back into the auxiliary fuel tank.
Everything checked out and carbs went back onto the bike. He connected the auxiliary tank, filled the bowls and hit the starter. It fired up and immediately died......in a peculiar manner. Tried the start again - this time struggling to run and so rough it was almost bouncing across the shop floor. WTF? (He thought)
He turned off the key and fuel and started the "thought" process. It was running perfectly prior too ! The float levels had checked out OK ! Other then some fine tuning to the static-sync it should've started and run relatively well.
Time for another beer he thought, while he pondered the problem.
Before he could finish the current beer he felt the "urge" !
Now: Being damned cold outside, not having "facilities" in his shop and being too lazy to go back to the house which would upset the rythym of the work in progress, he thought he'd grab one of those empty containers and......well.....you know !
When he went to dispose of it he realized that the one he'd similarilay "filled" 1 beer earlier (and was too engrossed in the bike work to empty) , was still sitting on the bench.
That's when he looked back at the bike and had a "Ah, piss" moment. :ohmy:
Apparently: 1 "rented" beer is the same color as ESSO Regular and equals the same volume as 3 fuel bowls set to 7.5mm !
He believes he should stick to Scotch, in his shop - His kidneys believe it's too expensive to "evacuate" !
None-the-less: He now takes the time to walk back to the house and uses his "Betty Crocker's" for fuel .....ONLY !
:woohoo:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds