Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26532

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Nice !! At least your building will further your ability to work on your hobbies. I'm envious !! Unfortunately for me, all the work I'm doing over here is only upgrading a 20 year old house and keeping the wife happy. There's no joy in this for me and robs me of another 8-10 months not working on my hobby. It will be another 4 months before I get to work on this pitiful garage and then MAYBE I can get back to the bike, God willing.
I hope you plan on skirting the parameter so skunks don't take advantage of the "shelter" beneath the floor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26537

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I agree......building a shop ( I've had to a few times over the years) is gratifying in itself but knowing it will facilitate working on your bike year 'round is equally rewarding.
Skirting? Absolutely. Consider burying it at least 6" to help prevent those unwanted guests from slipping under it.
You don't want a family of skunks, squirrels or racoons trumping all of your work
:evil:
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBoney

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26542

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Ha, I live in London. No such nasty wildlife here. Maybe a fox may take temporary refuge from the rain there, but the local cats will scare him away. Also, it is very wet here and the wood needs to ventilate.

And of course right above their heads will be a thumping six cylinder 1300cc engine with straight thru pipes! :evil: :evil:
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26543

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
i see the mayor in Jacksonville Florida declared the beach as an essential service and opened up the beach. Thousands of people flocked to the beach and little physical distancing was observed. Police were stopping and telling people that they couldn't congregate and moving them along. I'll be watching for the next epidemic outbreak in about 2 weeks in Jacksonville Florida.
It would appear that politicians are starting to buckle from public push back. I'm not surprised. People are at their wits end trying to figure out how to make ends meet and get their share of the governmental finance assistance. An interesting point in Canada, there's a lot of concern with the problems in our aged assisted living and yet there is absolutely nothing in the way of financial assistance for the retired living on their savings. Somewhere down the line, we all will have to payback this bail out plan in some form of a tax and us seniors who didn't qualify for assistance will have to help pay it back.
I see signs of anarchy starting up. In Mississauga Ontario, a guy pulled out a gun and started waving it around in a WalMart store over the last of one item sitting on the shelf and he needed it over the other guy that had it in his hand. That's unheard of in Canada.
A couple of days ago, there was a rally in the States with signs saying to the effect "let us back to work We're healthy and we need to work." It's not time for that. There is no obvious signs of the peak happening and a positive downward slope.

Time to call Space X and see if they have a couple of spare seats for the next ride out of here.

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26574

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Quite dismayed by seeing loads of people in the USA protesting to end their lockdown.

Can't they see what is happening in other countries when that happens too soon? Japan has a second wave and has locked down again - with a vengeance!

Countries like NZ and Germany have approached it in such a way that they have far fewer infections and deaths that anywhere else. Why? Both countries locked down quick and hard, and did loads of testing.

Protesters in the USA say: "We are well and want to go back to work, and we are adults and can make up our own mind whether we are at risk".

Well, we all want to go back to work, and most of us may think we may not be at risk of getting the virus, but if we do go out WE DON'T KNOW WHETHER WE ARE PUTTING OTHERS AT RISK, and that is the issue and main reason for staying at home.

I do hope that if USA opens up too quickly the rest of the world will not allow anyone to travel from there (maybe Canada should build a wall! ;) )... and then I wonder what the protesting American public think when the second wave hits! Everything being big in the USA, that second wave will be a monster unfortunately!

Keep well.
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26575

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Doug Ford the Premier of Ontario has stipulated that there will be no border crossing from the USA in to Ontario other than for essential goods and services at this time. We are maintaining isolation for now and no sign of lifting the physical distancing at this time.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds