Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 4 years 3 days ago #26506

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
I've developed a similar aversion to hearing "COVID-19", "COVID-19 Pandemic", Corona Pandemic".
How 'bout just simply "virus" or "C19......we know what's being referred too !
plus; I think I'm going blind to the color red due to all the damned full-screen Banners at the beginning of news casts. I guess the networks think it's required to make certain we know what the "news" is going to be about.

and perhaps with future "trump news conferences" a pre-broadcast banner .....like :
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid Fever 4 years 3 days ago #26507

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

scotch wrote: I've developed a similar aversion to hearing "COVID-19", "COVID-19 Pandemic", Corona Pandemic".
How 'bout just simply "virus" or "C19......we know what's being referred too !

I kinda like the "Wuhan Flu".
But then I'm just a simple kinda guy.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Covid Fever 4 years 3 days ago #26511

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
On a lighter note, and a heart warming one - not sure if mention of Capt. Tom Moore a 99 yr. old Decorated Army veteran made it onto global news feeds ?

As a thankyou fund raiser for the NHS / Health Service, this old guy decides to do 100 laps down his garden before he reached his 100th birthday- his aim was to raise £1000. So, he posted his challenge on "just giving" and quietly started his daily walks down his garden, as his way of saying thankyou.
His kind act really touched people here in the UK - Capt Toms pledges sailed past £13,000,000 this morning and its still going up.
Puts a little faith back in humanity :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, Kawboy, McBoney

Covid Fever 4 years 3 days ago #26512

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
He got onto our news feed. Amazing effort from him.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Covid Fever 4 years 2 days ago #26515

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
I'm hoping I'm still 'going" at that age. On the other hand I don't know if I want to be around that long with the direction the world is heading.

Spent the day outside doing some Spring clean-up. Sunny and warm - what a great reprieve from cold, windy, and rain. Didn't miss the "news". Now catching up on the shenanigans in some of the states: grid locking the roads and protests on the steps of the capital buildings. Naturally - some of these good folks are dressed appropriately for such occasions; dressed for battle C/W their military automatic rifles, side arms , ammo-belts and......good for them - face masks !
That's all - not going "There" !

Hey kawboy! I didn't say trump, once!

DOH !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy, McBoney

Last edit: by scotch.

Covid Fever 4 years 2 days ago #26528

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Okay, on a lighter note (and no politics whatsoever!), to keep my Covid Fever from becoming Cabin Fever and to enable me to work on my bike at home rather than at the mill (my work), I decided that during this lockdown I now have the time to build a new workshop at the rear of my single garage - which is full up with a car, another bike and all my tools etc.

I started planning the 3.6m x 3.6m "Corona Shack" and ordering stuff about two weeks ago and I am about 3/4 of the way in, now waiting for the final delivery of the wall and roof panels. Surprisingly, deliveries of building materials are slow! ;-0

It was a b*gger getting the levels right on the slope and I changed from laying a concrete floor to a suspended wooden floor when I calculated I needed about 1.5 tonnes of ballast and concrete to get the floor level, all to be done by hand and wheel barrow. No thanks, I value my back!

Attached day-by-day pics in a little video... for your entertainment! Once the whole thing is done I will do other video showing it from start to finish. And then I can get back to working on the bike – but sod’s law tells that the lockdown will be over by then… but that will be a good thing! ;)

Cheers
Paul

Ps.. The second set of black tarpaulin was because it started raining and my boards are not waterproof (but free, so not complaining!)!

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds