Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26396

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Scotch, I forgot to address the border subject you started. In fact, Canada should thank Trump for being serious about the border with Canada - at this time! There are thousands crossing the border from the US to Canada illegally. At this time, some might be infected, and besides this, how would this affect the Canadian health care system? Not making the border safe and impenetrable, at this time especially, by Canada, by Trudeau, is pure negligence. But of course, like with everything else, his other political agendas aligned with political correctness are more important. Control the damn border, 'leader' Trudeau! And that should be done at any time. It insults me and my family - letting anyone come to Canada illegally and being taken care of financially afterwards. My family, me, we had to go through a long process, interviews, medical examinations, to get the landed immigrant visa. Now it seems it's free for all. And we have to pay for it while the quality and standard of living steadily declines. Just stop for a moment and think about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26402

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I didn't want this thread to turn in to a political bashing agenda. Political leaders all over this world made mistakes and hopefully down the road, more respect will be given to the information provided by authorities and we can get all of our governments to make the right decisions. So how about we quit beating up those that have made mistakes and try and keep this topic to Covid related information. Sharing information related to protecting ourselves and possibly info on what's being developed to counter attack this virus plus what everyone's up to during their home grounding might be worthwhile. Let's try to keep each other smiling.
Thanks
KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, Tonto, McBoney

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26403

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
As you say KB, best to try and keep smiling thru these challengng times.
In the UK we have a weekly national thankyou for all the carers and front line work force who are collectively doing their best to help the UK get thru these dark days: its a way to show recognition and in some way say thankyou. At 8.00 PM in the dot, across the entire country people open their front doors, hang out of windows, stand in their gardens and make a noise: clap, bang a drum, set off horns, light fireworks etc - for 2-3 minutes the country says thankyou.

Its a small gesture, but for me and most those I know, very uplifting: simple things can make a difference - I guess like staying at home and washing your hands regulalrly.

Came across this little ditty the other day, apologies for the language, but the sentiment is spot on.

l
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, Kawboy, McBoney

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26406

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
At this point, it best to simply let others have the last word !

Using the Defense Production Act Trump has now ordered 3M to halt all shipping of N95 masks to Canada and Latin America !
Well that should certainly put the minds of some at ease ! Now Canadians won't have to fight off the " thousands" of Americans who apparently (but with no substantiated facts to prove this) are sneaking into our country illegally for our masks and free health care !
So to those already here and according to "my Source" to those thousands on the way - Ya'll can go back now......No mask here !
Another well thought out, compassionate, intelligent and strategically superior decision by
<.......the smartest and greatest President in the history of the World !>........
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26413

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Reasoning of people often cracks me up, lol Regarding this recent 'outrage' against Trumps request to stop the sale of these masks to Canada. Seriously? That takes quite a bit of arrogance and entitlement. And some perspective. So here I go.

No, Not Quite Stan,

As Kawboy has already stated "...So how about we quit beating up those that have made mistakes and try and keep this topic to Covid related information. Sharing information related to protecting ourselves and possibly info on what's being developed to counter attack this virus plus what everyone's up to during their home grounding might be worthwhile. Let's try to keep each other smiling."

While I enjoyed reading your political musings, they are pretty much beyond the scope of a motorcycle forum. Don't you think?
Bill

Last edit: by KZQ.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 week ago #26440

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
There's been a bit of new interesting information going around in the last couple of days I thought was worth sharing.

As many as 4,000 seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York are being treated with the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine, state health officials say.
President Trump has touted hydroxychloroquine as a potential life-saver, although there is no widespread scientific evidence to date showing it helps battle COVID-19.
But Gov. Andrew Cuomo last month said health care providers in the state would be using the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax, or azithromycin, for some last-ditch cases, based on potentially promising research.

Canada’s response to COVID-19 has been hampered for weeks by shortages of testing supplies and backlogs at laboratories, but the rollout of new Canadian-made testing technology means provinces may soon be able to increase testing in a significant way.
It remains unclear, however, whether health officials will follow the advice of many infectious disease experts and start using the new technology to expand testing and look for Covid-19 in people with just mild symptoms.
This week, the federal government, Alberta and Ontario signed deals with Spartan Bioscience Inc., a small Ottawa-based company that produces a hand-held DNA analyzer that can provide Covid-19 test results in about 30 minutes.

In Bobcaygeon Ontario, 27 of the 64 nursing home patients have now died and 12 of the 22 support workers at Pine Ridge Nursing Home have tested positive for Covid 19. this is the largest outbreak of Covid 19 in Ontario so far to date.

Stay safe.
KB

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds