Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26344

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
You make some valid points Stan. Dogs in hospitals shouldn't be allowed period. What were they thinking.
Nurses wearing uniforms coming and going from hospitals- Agreed, shouldn't be a common practice. Too many opportunities to contaminate their uniform and maybe (not likely) in the future that practice will change. Let's hope.

I'm sorry to hear your still having issues with the graft and it sounds like they've shutdown the outpatient wing because they're overburdened with Covid??? Something's wrong there. Outpatient is specifically for post op services of which you need at the moment. Your situation is not stable and even if it was, you should still be monitored for infection. Is there no alternative??
The lack of leadership through this crisis is deplorable and probably because no one has even thought that we need to think outside the box. This virus is unlike any other. Symptoms are not evident for up to a week from infection so it's very difficult to contain. I'm with you, I see no light at the end of the tunnel until an antiviral is found and distributed.
Bottom line- I'm really disturbed about the lack of continued service you require to help you through this graft process. Something's really a miss there and I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering with this.
KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26345

• CWB
  • Thank you received: 11
Hey Stan, I loved your closing remarks.."at least one can get fresh and cheap sushi" A ray of hope then?

Yes I think we are all a bit disillusioned with politics...all we all want in a western democracy is a leader who's focus is to take the country forward as fairly as possible....of course politics ( as you have inferred ) interferes with that pure assessment and then we take sides because fair depends which side of the railway line we live ( metaphorically speaking of course ) . Isn't that the crux of politics..split and divide!

I also hope you are able to get treatment for your leg soon Stan .Your predicament sounds absolutely scandalous and your are entitled to be very angry thats for sure.
regards Bill

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26353

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
Stan, I too am disappointed to hear that your treatment has ben triaged to low priority. infections can not be ignored. And all the others "on Hold" for life saving treatments. It must certainly be devastating and demoralizing.
Ya, it's nice see our P.M. involved daily, but as you point out is a waste of time when we get all the same info constantly - 24/7.
As for below the 49th? Lessons learned and being learned around the globe and yet.................
nuff said.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26359

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
If your recent Social Separation has caused you to stay home except for absolute necessary trips out to retrieve necessities, I salute you. It's been a tough couple of weeks so far and no end in site. A lot of us have turned to the TV or the computer for relief of the long somewhat boring days. If we are going to get through this, patience will be a virtue and humor will be a Godsend.
This might give you a laugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, Tonto, McBoney

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26365

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
This Covid just got a little more real for me today. Up until Oct last year we lived in Bobcaygeon Ontario. A recent outbreak of Covid 19 struck a nursing home that was 500 meters up the road from our old house. 3 of the 22 caregivers have now got Covid and 10 of the 64 patients have died in the last 4 days. Bobcaygeon is a very small town and somewhat out of the way and you would think that all they had to do was keep to themselves and honor the social distancing. In the last 3 weeks, the "snowbirds" have been returing home from the winters adventures and some of them had been spotted picking up supplies at the local grocery store. The store manager posted a guard at the door who asked the shoppers if they had just returned from down south to which they were proud to say that they had and got turned away from the store because they hadn't self-quarantined for 14 days yet. The shoppers were fuming stating the store had no right to turn them away and yet here they are a town of 1200 people mostly retired and now dealing with an outbreak much like the one in Washington.
I'm following this particular situation to see just how bad it gets because people just wouldn't follow the guidelines laid out by our government based on real data. Such a shame.
Also today, one our good friends who was a dental hygienist got an email from a college who's husband is an infectious disease doctor in Toronto. His message was pleading in nature. He tells us that many people will get Covid and not even show symptoms period yet able to transmit the disease to those who may die if they get it. He sees no sign of any vaccine until probably early next spring and likely will come from France if it does. Now that's some pretty scary shit. His bottom line was Stay at home. See no one. Go for walks- sure but don't stop to talk to anyone and if you must, maintain a 6 ft distance. Wash everything that you bring back in to your house to minimize surface to skin transmission.
We also got a call from the wife's cardiologist to check on her condition and to inform her that her next appointment at the end of the month probably will be cancelled unless her condition gets worse. They don't want her anywhere near the hospital because if she were to get Covid now while she's dealing with Atrial fibrillation it would probably cost her her life. They also advised us that I need to minimize any travels outside of the house for fear of me getting Covid and giving it to her at this time.
If that hasn't scared the shit out of you then I don't know what will. Social distancing will only buy us time to wait for the development of a vaccine.
God help us. Stay safe please.
KB
Update as of 8:00 am- 22 workers have now tested positive for Covid and 34 of the 64 staff members are experiencing Covid like symptoms and awaiting test results. The death toll has risen from 9 to 10 as the wife of one of the residents has now died.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Covid Fever 4 years 2 weeks ago #26370

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831

.....and the U.S. continues to be an unorganized free-for-all due to a complete lack of political will. When potus infers that shipments of supplies are "<.....going out the back door....what's up with that?>......... " and suggests reporters should be looking into that story......well.........J.H.C. !

Someone needs a serious "Reality Check Bitch-Slappin" and right "F'n" NOW !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto, Kawboy

Last edit: by scotch.
Time to create page: 0.474 seconds