Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26291

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
I am with you on dogs Kawboy, I resisted the plea from my kids and got some goldfish for them to show they could take care of those before we got a dog... and muggins is still taking care of them 15 years later! :pinch:

... however, my son who moved to Geneva for his first job last August and lives in a one bedroom flat is very happy that he got a rescue cocker spaniel two weeks ago as now he is allowed to walk the dog and get out of his flat once a day.

And on Boris... he did say the employed could maybe get 80% of their salary paid, but apart from a vague promise for the 5 Million plus self employed people (a sixth of the total workforce) he has said even less. And as taxes are so high here, most of us pay ourselves the maximum salary allowed without going into the higher tax band, and that practice now means we MAY only get 80% of that very low salary (caused by high taxation).... but effectively that means we lose 50% or more of our income. So we NEED to go to work regardless.... no wonder the London underground was full this morning. Not because they want to..... they need to!

Paul
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26293

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I don't know how we will ever get through this if they don't shut down the public transit systems. This is insane !! The people making the rules on how we need to behave in the interim are not listening to the medical professionals who insist that if we don't slow down this transmission of the virus, that we won't recover from this for a couple of years.
Social distancing is working but it's only a band aid to put a stop gap in place until we can find a cure for this. People just don't get it. CNN showed a video of a hospital in Madrid where Covid patients are lying on the floor of the emergency wing halls boxed off with tape on the floors because there are not enough beds or ventilators. They had to convert an Ice rink in to a morgue to store all the dead bodies because they had no where else to put them. But that's ok. Just let the teenagers play on the beach in Florida because if we tell them to go home, it will hurt the economy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26295

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Bill Gates a few years ago

The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch, Tonto, Kawboy, McBoney

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26299

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Not millions of death (yet) but I think we have surpassed the 3 Trillion dollars economic hit!
Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26300

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

McBoney wrote: Not millions of death (yet) but I think we have surpassed the 3 Trillion dollars economic hit!

Strange when you put the numbers up it makes me realize that those of us who do the right thing and not get exposed or burden the health care systems and survive this nightmare, we'll be the ones who have to pay back this outrageous financial burden we are about to endure.

Covid Fever 4 years 3 weeks ago #26303

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
So , with the David Gates video we have the two opposing ideology's of how a problem like we have with this virus is dealt with.
His video is good info to have - but it's " closing the gate after the horse is bolted " or " putting the ambulance at the bottom of the hill instead of a fence and a sign at the top ". In other words , we have all these strategies in place so when the unthinkable happens we do this and that and eventually after a monumental effort we fix the problem.
Nobody would own and ride their bike that way- I have this 40 year bike that is known to have this and that problem, but I'm not going to investigate any of them and fix any potential problems - no no . I've got my road side assistance all paid up and I'm carrying some tools , what could possibly go wrong. So the opposing ideology is to prevent the problem ( the best we can ) from happening in the first place.
But as we've seen, when Trump and others have called it "the Chinese virus " or even attempted to examine its causes , it starts the name calling - racist, xenophobe , and so on. So most left leaning press outlets wont go there..

These guys have done a good job.

www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12319867
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Last edit: by tackelhappy.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds