Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26281

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Well: Shit is hitting the fan for those few Canadians who are conducting themselves in nefarious manners ! "Public Shaming" appears to be taking hold. A couple in Vancouver B.C. posted on two Chinese web-sites that they were selling Masks at a local public park. Infuriated, a citizen called the mayor who in turn sent out By-Law enforcement who Immediately assessed them a (max) $500.00 fine. "Operating a business without a license " The mayor later stated that this type of activity is a disgusting. He's requested the R.C.M.P. pursue "Profiteering" charges under the Criminal Code of Canada !
I'll bet they're Self Isolating NOW !

supplement: Well, Apparently not ! Next day - back at it - selling masks for outrageous prices ! I guess that's how they can afford their Mercedes SUV.
bc.ctvnews.ca/port-coquitlam-family-fine...ks-at-park-1.4863754
Anyone else getting sick, of this ?
Don't see much point in beating this CV-19 thing to death. no pun intended. We all watch the news. Local and international. I thinks the topic is being covered !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26282

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
I am not sure if this is in contravention of the forum rules (if it is, please let me know and I'll remove it immediately), but I got this today and thought I'd share it to underline my earlier point...

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...
Attachments:

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26285

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Well,
Boris put the Uk into Lockdown last night 23rd March 2020.................

But as he has not made the absolute limitations of exactly what this means to the general public, they make their own opinions on it and decide "what they think" it means which is causing mass confusion...........hence the London Tube System being rammed full of people this morning (March 24th 2020).

He has also made promises that the UK Gov will pay 80% of the wages of people who will be loosing out by not going to work..............but as he is a Politician who are the biggest liars on the planet.........nobody believes him so feel they must continue to work to earn a living, or run out of cash.

The bit Boris forgot to add onto his wages promise, was how people get their hands on the 80% wages support................he "very conveniently" forgot that.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26286

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
So finally, FINALLY when those who get coronavirus and end up at Heaven's door, decide to practice social distancing? Ironic.

Another thing that's pissed me off lately, Harbor Freight Tools keeps sending me a daily email telling me of all the great deals they have on in the store, to entice me to come and buy. We have enough trouble keeping people apart and not going out shopping.

Teenagers and young adults seem to feel they are invincible and the rest of us "old farts" are just paranoid.

My old buddies in Bobcaygeon are reporting on Facebook that the local Valu-mart grocery store has posted a guard at the entrance door who is asking if they are just returning from travelling. If they are, they are being turned away because they are under quarantine for 14 days and not allowed to stop and shop but expected to drive straight home and self quarantine. There are other ways to pick up staple goods to get you by. Friends, neighbors, delivery services.......

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Covid Fever 4 years 1 month ago #26289

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
And just think . All this is avoidable. Someone is to blame for this crash of the world economy. This is going to cost trillions and trillions of dollars to fix. Who is going to pay . China ?
All these pandemics of the last 50 years or so have come from the same source- countries with the political corruption, poverty, and disgusting personal habits and eating habits.
Aids. Crossed from Chimpanzees to humans. You can think that thru yourself. Then into the gay community.
H1N1. From pigs to humans. Originally called the swine flu.
The Bird Flu. Influenza A/H5N1 was first isolated from a goose in China in 1996. Human infections were first reported in 1997 in Hong Kong.

Covid 19. This a copy from Unherd. You can read the full article below

To answer these questions we must turn first to a nondescript building in Wuhan, where masked security men stand beneath a blue-and-white sign proclaiming Huanan Seafood Market and rows of scruffy stalls are all shuttered.
Until recently, this was a bustling place filled with shoppers. Many stalls were filled with fish in crowded tanks, crustaceans trying to clamber from tubs and counters sloppy with the blood and guts of creatures sliced up for customers. But elsewhere there were chickens and ducks alongside dogs and dozens of exotic species such as civets, rodents, porcupines, snakes and even, reportedly, wolf pups. “It was well known for selling lots of weird, live animals,” one local resident told Time magazine.
Such ‘wild’ markets are common across China. “I’ve always seen them as a melting pot for disease with all those domestic and wild animals in cages and then killed in front of you,” said one animal activist who has visited many of them. This activist described to me seeing endangered species stacked in cages, dogs bludgeoned and left to bleed to death, children running around in entrails. “They are horrible — the sights, the sounds, the smells, are all the stuff of nightmares.”

unherd.com/2020/03/china-is-not-the-hero-in-this-darkest-hour/
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Covid Fever 4 years 4 weeks ago #26290

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
It's definitely a time for considering how we behave in public. I get really pissed when I see "support animals " now being allowed on public transportation, in grocery stores, restaurants and God help me, AIRPLANES !! We even have signs posted on grocery store entrance doors stating " We are a pet friendly environment" Nothing disgusts me more than looking at an item for purchase, then hearing a dog sniffing my pants.
My brother-in-law has a Russian Wolfhound that is trained as a therapy animal and he takes it once a week to the local hospital for cancer patients/ terminally ill patients to pet as part of their hospital treatment. Beyond words.
I hope that if anything good comes from this horrible disease, we rethink just exactly how we interact with animals. As a kid, I grew up in a house with cats and dogs. When our kids were young we had 2 German Short Hair Pointers. The kids would pet their heads as they came in the front door and that was that. I had to look after them on top of a 10 hour shift. So that was the end to our family having animals. All this was before the time of Stoop and Scoop. God help me if I had to bend over and pick up dog poop with a plastic bag and then carry it back home while the dog wags his tail all the way as to say "Look at the dumb idiot carrying my dump".

Ok I feel better now. Said my peace.

Stay safe.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds