Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26654

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029

KZQ wrote:

scotch wrote: Hello Aleksey,
"...Most of it, as it has for the past 4 years, is generated from the mouth of P.O.T.U.S...."

I'm not sure about relative percentages of fake news but a goodly amount issues from the mouths of folks suffering from "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as well.
Bill

Help me out here Bill. If I asked 37 million Canadians "What does the term Fake News mean to you?" the answer I would get back from 99% of them would be "Fake News is an out and out lie or something made up and has nothing do do with current affairs which would be news" Everything I've seen in the news and contradicted by your President, has been backed up with video footage of the source of that news. CNN can't even report the news without backing up the news with the source from where the news came. Go back 20 years and the News reporters would have reported that " The president said........" Now they have to say the same thing and then show video footage of the President actually saying what they are reporting. Really sad that they have to justify what they are reporting to prove that "It's not Fake"

So I'll ask, what does the term "Fake News" mean to you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26655

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi John,
Fake news can be just made up stuff or it can be the result of spinning up half of a story. In either case neither the Left or the Right have cornered the market on Fake News. As I said I'm no cheerleader for President Trump but I do take notice when someone/anyone consistently refuses to admit that he could do or has done something correctly.
Let's get back to the Wuhan Flu.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26658

• Aleksey
  • Thank you received: 13
С 1 апреля по 15 работали только продовольственные магазины и продовольственные предприятия. Разрешено было выходить из дома только в ближайший магазин или аптеку, и выгуливать собаку не дальше 100 метров от дома. после 15 апреля крупные предприятия получили разрешение на работу, если бы не работали дольше это сильно отразилось бы на экономике, мелкие закрыты. многие магазины открылись с условием нахождения в помещении не более 1 человека, либо дистанции в 1.5 метра. с 20 апреля вход в магазин и общественный транспорт только в маске и перчатках. Однако, все эти меры жестко контролируются только в Москве и областных центрах, в таких маленьких городках как наш все не так. многие игнорируют режим самоизоляции, даже продавщицы в магазинах сидят без масок. многие с 1 апреля выдвинулись на пикники, считая это каникулами для отдыха. Я и сам не святой, катаюсь на voyager по пустым улочкам и на эндуро в лес.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tonto, Kawboy

Last edit: by Aleksey.

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26659

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

Aleksey wrote: С 1 апреля по 15 работали только продовольственные магазины и продовольственные предприятия. Разрешено было выходить из дома только в ближайший магазин или аптеку, и выгуливать собаку не дальше 100 метров от дома. после 15 апреля крупные предприятия получили разрешение на работу, если бы не работали дольше это сильно отразилось бы на экономике, мелкие закрыты. многие магазины открылись с условием нахождения в помещении не более 1 человека, либо дистанции в 1.5 метра. с 20 апреля вход в магазин и общественный транспорт только в маске и перчатках. Однако, все эти меры жестко контролируются только в Москве и областных центрах, в таких маленьких городках как наш все не так. многие игнорируют режим самоизоляции, даже продавщицы в магазинах сидят без масок. многие с 1 апреля выдвинулись на пикники, считая это каникулами для отдыха. Я и сам не святой, катаюсь на voyager по пустым улочкам и на эндуро в лес.

Translated to English-KB

From April 1 to 15, only grocery stores and food enterprises worked. Only the nearest shop or pharmacy was allowed to leave the house, and the dog could not walk more than 100 meters away from the house. after 15 april, large companies were allowed to work, if not working longer it would have had a strong impact on the economy, small businesses were closed. many shops were opened with the condition of not more than 1 person or a distance of 1.5 meters. from 20 april, the entrance to the shop and public transport only wearing a mask and gloves. However, all these measures are strictly controlled only in Moscow and regional centers, in small towns like ours everything is not so. many people ignore the regime of self-isolation, even saleswomen in shops sit without masks. since April 1, many have advanced to picnics, considering it a vacation for recreation. I am not a saint myself, I ride the voyager through empty streets and enduro into the forest.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, Tonto, Aleksey

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26660

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
The Premier of Ontario held a news conference yesterday and laid out a road map of how Ontario will open up. Schools will remain closed for at least another month. Until there is a significant reduction in new cases per week over a 2-4 week period, nothing changes. We are in lockdown and that's it. We will not take a chance of reversing the somewhat sustainable status. Our main problem is significant losses of life in our Old Age Homes which is very sad considering 98% of the aged in these homes can't go out so the virus was brought in to the establishments by the support workers.
Now are people abiding by the rules? For the most part but there are signs of rule bending everywhere suggesting that until there's a second wave of increased infected cases, they will continue to break the rules as they see fit. In discussions with my 2 kids, our 32 year old son who manages a oil well support service in Alberta - he takes this as a serious problem and wears a mask in public and minimizes all outings. His wife is finishing off a unniversity course from home and the 2 year old daughter hasn't been to daycare in over 5 weeks.
Our 40 year old daughter also feels it's very serious. She wears a mask in public but has no problem with going anywhere anytime. She visits her dad, friends and her grandmother when she wants and maintains physical distancing. she has neighbours over for visits in the backyard. They bring their own drinks and snacks and when the bathroom calls, go back to their own home to use the bathroom. so in short, she has her own rules and will not comply with the official rules,

Last weekend, I saw my neighbors children come their parents houses for visits (at 2 separate houses)

Do I feel safe? NO ! If people won't abide by the rules, how will we know if the current rules are working. Ontario is running around 5% of those tested having positive results (deemed infected) and in a controlled environment that's too high. Why? It's not controlled. In a scientific experiment if the method of the test is not followed specifically, how can the measured results be believed? How can a conclusion be formed and how can the next experiment accommodate the results of the last experiment?
If I PICKUP Covid and bring it home and TRANSMIT it to my wife, she'll be dead in 2 weeks due to her current health issues. I might PICKUP the disease and not have major symtoms or I might have full on Covid and get hospitalized, I don't know. All I know is that the wife's doctors have told her that this will likely kill her if see gets it. So I only go out to pick up absolutely necessary supplies. with my past background dealing with loose radioactive contamination during my 29 years in a Nuclear Plant, I use those previously learned skills to protect myself and HOPEFULLY not pickup Covid and bring it home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Covid Fever 3 years 11 months ago #26665

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hello Aleksey,
Wow! We certainly have more experiences and concerns in common than differences. You said that your company produces wood pellets. I work for a company that makes windows and doors. I believe you've lost some work time due to layoffs caused by the Wuhan Flu. Is that the case? My company has furloughed, a fancy name for a layoff, me for one week of each month until June. I too have considered those weeks as vacations but for me a vacation is more a time to catch up on work around the house than to watch grass grow. Around here all the personal service businesses are shut down, with no end in sight, and I really need a haircut. Most stores are open but are only admitting a few customers at a time.
Oh Well, We'll get through it until we reach the promised herd immunity.
Regards
Bill

Вот Это Да! У нас, конечно, больше общего опыта и проблем, чем различий. Вы сказали, что ваша компания производит древесные пеллеты. Я работаю в компании, которая делает окна и двери. Я полагаю, что вы потеряли немного рабочего времени из-за увольнений, вызванных гриппом Ухань. Это тот случай? Моя компания выкрутилась, причудливое название для увольнения, меня на одну неделю каждого месяца до июня. Я тоже считал эти недели каникулами, но для меня каникулы - это больше время, чтобы заняться работой по дому, чем наблюдать за ростом травы. Здесь все предприятия, предоставляющие персональные услуги, закрыты без конца, и мне действительно нужна стрижка. Большинство магазинов открыты, но принимают только несколько покупателей одновременно.
Да ладно, мы пройдем через это, пока не достигнем обещанного стадного иммунитета.
С уважением
Билл

Vot Eto Da! U nas, konechno, bol'she obshchego opyta i problem, chem razlichiy. Vy skazali, chto vasha kompaniya proizvodit drevesnyye pellety. YA rabotayu v kompanii, kotoraya delayet okna i dveri. YA polagayu, chto vy poteryali nemnogo rabochego vremeni iz-za uvol'neniy, vyzvannykh grippom Ukhan'. Eto tot sluchay? Moya kompaniya vykrutilas', prichudlivoye nazvaniye dlya uvol'neniya, menya na odnu nedelyu kazhdogo mesyatsa do iyunya. YA tozhe schital eti nedeli kanikulami, no dlya menya kanikuly - eto bol'she vremya, chtoby zanyat'sya rabotoy po domu, chem nablyudat' za rostom travy. Zdes' vse predpriyatiya, predostavlyayushchiye personal'nyye uslugi, zakryty bez kontsa, i mne deystvitel'no nuzhna strizhka. Bol'shinstvo magazinov otkryty, no prinimayut tol'ko neskol'ko pokupateley odnovremenno.
Da ladno, my proydem cherez eto, poka ne dostignem obeshchannogo stadnogo immuniteta.
S uvazheniyem
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Last edit: by KZQ.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds