• Page:

TOPIC:

Feeling Good in the Neighborhood! 4 years 1 month ago #25991

• rdurost
  • rdurost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Believe it or not, winter in the High Desert of north-central Oregon is (since global warming) nearly as dreary as winter in the Willamette Valley (where Portland is). Weeks on end of temps in the low 30s with drizzle but no snow.

We have finally reached the season where clear days in the 50s are not so rare, and the minds of young men lightly turn to thoughts of working on their motorcycles even though they have no driveway, never mind a garage.

Today I removed the stock cannon-esque mufflers and replaced them with some generic units with a larger bore diameter, half the length and 1/4 the bulk. I also removed the stock rear-view mirrors, and hope to turn them, the mufflers and a pair of stock rear turn signals into enough cash to continue this build despite my newly-increased poverty due to Trumpian budget cuts needed to compensate for the 1.5 Trillion tax cut to billionaires and businesses.

Am I bitter? No, not on such a nice day. I think I must have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder, because some sun in the Spring really perks me up.

Next up? Mount the Euro-style low handlebars and companion euro-style sticky grips, mount the manual cam chain adjuster which should be coming any day now, and figure out why I can't get a hard front lever even with braided steel lines and a new master cylinder.

I have one of Lauri's U-joint boots on the way, plus generic rear-views, plus more headlight bits.

Life is good. And the cream on top, Bernie Sanders just crushed everyone in the Nevada caucus, with 2x+ more votes, many newly-energized voters. We may not become a fascist dictatorship as soon as I had anticipated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds