• Page:

TOPIC:

Video 4 years 8 months ago #24744

• scotch
  • scotch's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831

Available from Amazon (and other sites), this DVR has the most reviews and a higher % of positive comments then most other DVR's in this price range. The description is comprehensive and accurate. I'm pleased with the performance. 1080P appears to be just that, and is an obvious preference over the lesser 760P. The higher 1296P displays in a 4:3 Letter Box (square format with side bars) which I personally don't care for. The 1080P is the familiar 16:9 wide screen format. True to description the menu is easy and intuitive - not complicated in the least. This is due to the small screen which displays the menus and options for set-up. With a 16GB Micro SD card included, it's a good value ! Fill out a review, send an e-mail and you can get a free 32GB card. A good deal in it's own right.
The power comes from a cig-lighter plug which steps-down the voltage so it can not be wired directly to the bikes 12v power. A voltage reducer is cheap and easy to install and I'll be hard-wiring mine when a voltage reducer arrives. Another option for power is a battery back-up cell phone charger.
]
The camera is small enough to fit in a pocket if you choose to remove it from your bike while it's unattended. The multi layer glass lens should be able to handle any bug splats as long as some common sense prevails in how that goo is removed.
Trying to download video with the card in this unit, via a patch cord is painfully slow. The preferred method of transferring video is via a card reader which most computers will have built in, nowadays. Otherwise a USB card reader will do. Transfer time is relatively fast - again depending on the computer.
If your thinking about a DVR, this one is worth consideration.
Personal note: I discounted some of the negative reviews which are clearly from those who don't understand menus, video, SD cards or electronics in general. If you can work on a "1300" - you shouldn't have a problem figuring out this DVR !
I'll perhaps post a video-clip at a later date.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds