Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 10 months ago #24020

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Sea Foam cured my GL 1100 from eventually running on 2 - 3 cylinders. My Vmax 1200 was cured with Sea Foam as well. It was misbehaving. I didn't do the 'shotgun' (I thin that's what you perhaps did), but disconnected the pump, connected a small funnel, filled it with Sea Foam, and let the engine suck it in until it dies. I let it sit overnight, drained the bowl, and repeat one more time. Done! Smooth as a whistle. That's 4 years ago. I've been using Sea Foam periodically as a preventive measure, and I am still running the same carbs, never removed for cleaning - because they don't need to! I used Sea Foam on KZ1300 a couple times. Not sure what it did, but my carbs are clean so it was just a thing to do. If there was something in there, definitely adding it didn't hurt!

Recently adding Mystery Marvel 0il, I soon felt improvement in all three bikes. They run much smoother. Also, like I said earlier, Sea Foam didn't clean any carbon in the cylinders, and they had the expected after use carbon build up on top of the pistons. After the 0il treatment - they look clean as installed yesterday. Same spark plugs - no carbon on them.

So, my system from now is adding the expensive Sea Foam once in a while, but using the Marvel Mystery 0il on a more regular basis. It's much cheaper and does a great job. Definitely, in terms of lubrication as well, cleaning, and not just cleaning carbon deposits. Who knows, based on experience Sea Foam did good deep carburetor cleaning, so I will be using it with that in mind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 10 months ago #24022

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Hey JIm,

I ONLY run all my bikes on Shell Ferrari juice anyway..............its the only decent petrol on sale now !

Pete F
UK (or whats left of it).
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 10 months ago #24023

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi Stan,

I didnt do the "shotgun" procdure on my Vmax 1200, I just added the BG44K to a tank of fuel and ran it through.

Pretty amazed with the results.
I now have my KZ1300 carbs full of Seafoam and will leave to deep soak for 24 hours, then drain and flush with fresh fuel, then add it all to my fuel tank and give it a good run.
Looking forward to seeing if it achieves anything !

Pete F
UK (or whats left of it)

Last edit: by strate6.

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 10 months ago #24024

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Seafoam has been around FOREVER. OK, since before I was born. It's biggest use is in pleasure boats (hence it's name) where it absorbs moisture from the fuel tank and helps combat the issues with these motors sitting for weeks/months on end. Of coarse the marketing folks now claim it will fix everything including grey hair.

It's not going to fix everything, but it does have legit uses and no harm in trying it!

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 10 months ago #24029

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Pete, when done with the foam, after riding the bike for a while, a 100 miles maybe, seeing how it behaves, I'd add the Marvel 0il on the next fill up. You can be generous, more than they say add but of course not overboard. I am sure it will give you a new experience as well. Will never harm, but I bet you will feel a difference, an improvement.

I used to add 1/3 of that Sea Foam bottle. The Marvel 0il - 100 ml maybe the first time. Then, just pour 'some' and never measure.

Last edit: by StanG.

Seafoam..........Open the Can of Worms ? 4 years 10 months ago #24067

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Update,

I have to say, after using this Seafoam Product, I am very, very impressed with its results.
Have only done 10 or so miles since leaving it in the carbs for 24 hours to "soak" then flushed through with fresh fuel, but it has made a massive difference.............

I really didnt believe after owning and working on bikes for 40 years that something in a bottle could have such a massive result, but it has.

Very happy.

Pete F
UK (or whats left of it).
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds