• Page:

TOPIC:

usa trip 5 years 1 week ago #23817

• kiwirider
  • kiwirider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Hi i have tried to find my last post on this and cant find it so sorry to start again .Propav8r you may know the answer to this i have booked most of my USA accommodation i need some input where to stay between Morgantown and pigeon forge i was going to stay in Lynchburg Virginia thinking that was where jack Daniels was made wrong Lyunchburg so looking for a nice small town between them.I am trying to stay away from big city's and freeways any imput from members welcome thanks
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

usa trip 5 years 1 week ago #23818

• propav8r
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Morgantown WV or Morganton, NC?

Edit// Here's your original thread: www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/daily-cha...a-trip?start=6#23193

Last edit: by propav8r.

usa trip 5 years 1 week ago #23827

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Thanks for the reply it is Morgantown WV we are traveling from Niagara falls to Morgantown WV in one day.Stay there for a night and then i would like to find a nice place to stay it will be only one night between there and pidgeon forge if you want to join us for a road trip you are welcome and i am happy to pay for your accommodation you can not beat local knowledge.We are booked in at moutain vista pigeon forge June 21st leaving 24th . Cheers Graham
2018 Harley cvo ultra 1982 cbx1000 1980 gsx1100 2012 gtr1400 cx500 turbo 1977 suzuki gt750
The following user(s) said Thank You: propav8r

usa trip 5 years 1 week ago #23828

• propav8r
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
I'd recommend stopping for the night in Abingdon, VA. Very quaint little town at the end of the Virginia Creeper trail.

If you can swing it, the Martha Washington Inn is right in the middle of town, and a very nice place to stay.

Lots of good restaurants, breweries, coffee shops, etc. right downtown.

I appreciate the offer to stay, but that's really not necessary. Are you using Pigeon Forge as a base for a few days of riding/exploration? Where are you headed once you're done in Pigeon Forge?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwirider

usa trip 5 years 1 week ago #23838

• kiwirider
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Thanks for the reply i will look it up and book there.Yes staying in pigeon forge for three nights to explore around .Would like to go to Maggie valley to see wheels though time and look around the area maybe spend one day in pigeon forge itself .When we leave pigeon forge ride the dragon get the tea shirt lol and carry on to Birmingham Alabama to spend two nights there and go to barber motorsports museum .From there i have us booked in at Pensacola beach only one night then on to new Orleans before following the Mississippi back to Chicago.

usa trip 5 years 1 week ago #23840

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Sounds like a great trip. You've obviously done your homework. looking forward to seeing pics of the trip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwirider

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds