• Page:

TOPIC:

Higher Ethanol is coming... 5 years 4 weeks ago #23680

• propav8r
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33

Frank833 wrote:

Kawboy wrote: Maybe one day Frank833 will be offering EFI injection kits with Megasquirt controllers.

I expect I will do the Megasquirt project this coming winter. Don't look to me to sell "kits"! But I will document what I do and freely share my tune.

EFI is a fair amount of wiring, and a lot of fiddly tuning. But even us old carb guys can make the leap. When you put a system together from scratch you do understand how it all works! And no more worrying about altitude and weather adjustments!

Now if I could just figure out what all these fiddly parts on the Sprint Car's mechanical fuel injection actually do....

If you need a hand, feel free to PM/email me. I've built a number of MS vehicles, and I'm putting a micro on a '87 Shadow 1100 now. Wonderful little devices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Higher Ethanol is coming... 5 years 4 weeks ago #23699

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
I have a '94 Yamaha G14 4-stroke gas golf cart for bombing 'round the yard. (Don't golf - I seem to gravitate to sports that require 2 balls at once ! :woohoo: )
In the winter it gets parked and have never treated the fuel for storage. I pulled it out yesterday to clean it up for the summer but it wouldn't start. Checked a few of the more obvious things and found it wasn't getting fuel to the engine. Pulled the carb and this simply blew my mind.
The 'goo" was Jello-like, with an appearance of forming crystals and the bowl was etched ! This is a new situation. In the future I'll have to drain the fuel tank and bowl for winter storage. Ethanol blended fuel - YUP :angry:
The carb manufacturer is somewhat ironic !
Additionally: 2 years ago someone gave me a Honda powered power-washer that they couldn't get to start. (They were not mechanically inclined - didn't even occur to them to pull the carb) Exactly the same carb-bowl conditions - but worse. The bowl was 1/2 full of the "jello" with had etched that bowl, as well. Started immediately and ran perfectly after a cleaning. !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen, Kawboy

Last edit: by scotch.

Higher Ethanol is coming... 5 years 3 weeks ago #23716

• Frank833
  • Frank833's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

scotch wrote: Don't golf - I seem to gravitate to sports that require 2 balls at once ! :woohoo: )

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds