Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vancouver, BC, warm secure garage local space for tune up 5 years 2 months ago #23306

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
OK. I will go out on a limb again and reach out to any local vintage bike brothers. I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada. My KZ1300 needs a valve gap check. It's cold and dirty in the open air garage where it sits now. When the snow melts, I will need a space to safely adjust the valve clearances and tune the bike. With all the local positive energy floating around, I am sure there would many compassionate souls reaching out, so I am not flinching in my trust. Please, do not treat me as a stranger in case of doubt of not knowing me - I've been around, I don't bite, and have nothing to hide. No worries for privacy if needed. I appreciate any help and already thank you in advance. I'm easy to reach at my local phone number or email, if you send me a PM. Just need a good motorcycle bro assistance at no extra cost to you, but a saver for me and most importantly - the bike.

Cheers and thank you in advance!
Stan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vancouver, BC, warm secure garage local space for tune up 5 years 2 months ago #23312

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Stan , I hope you have more luck in Vancouver, than I’ve had with a similar appeal in the local papers here where I live in England . I envy folk with nice workshops SO much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Vancouver, BC, warm secure garage local space for tune up 5 years 2 months ago #23315

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Stan: I was going to come to your place to do my valves! :)

Seriously, my garage is completely full of bikes and I can't work on any of them until the weather is nicer in the spring and I can push them outside.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Last edit: by Bucko.

Vancouver, BC, warm secure garage local space for tune up 5 years 2 months ago #23317

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I will keep asking around Jim. I'm not sure if I can have more luck here, haha Most people here walk with a blank forward stare and a fancy Starbucks coffee latte in hand. You wouldn't believe how many times I've been ignored asking for directions!

Let's see how it goes Bucko. If you're up to it when the weather is good and I haven't found a place yet, you might be my last hope. On top of everything, there is a construction going on on the building, not a good environment for keeping the engine open. When that's done, apparently in March, April should be already warmer. Perhaps I will take a shot at it here.

Vancouver, BC, warm secure garage local space for tune up 5 years 1 month ago #23337

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I looked at getting a commercial building (just a simple metal building) and leasing garage space to guys needing workshop/vehicle space. The economics just don't work. With mortgage, taxes, electric, water, sewer and grounds keeping it get's expensive. In the Dallas suburbs, it would be $800-$1000 for each 20x20 or so spot. Way to much for most guys...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds