• Page:

TOPIC:

VIN number check online and new sticker print 5 years 3 months ago #22646

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Has anyone checked their VIN online? Very weird as mine comes up as 2012 bike! The letter 'C' stands for 1982 and 2012, why the heck these websites assume 2012... That makes them unreliable. They show it's a KZ1300 manufactured in Akashi Hyogo, Japan, and pretty much that's all. Useless.

I am also curious about the history of my bike, but it seems these services don't really offer much information - from what they told me. Also, it only looks at local papers so there would be nothing about this bike in the USA. Do you guys know about these services in more detail? Is it worth it or it just shows if it's stolen and the last owner.

I saw a VIN sticker printing service on eBay and can't find it. But I can do the digital work myself. Does anyone have the names or link to the correct fonts? Or even better, a psd template for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VIN number check online and new sticker print 5 years 3 months ago #22651

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Interesting post..............
Are you refering to the WHITE Sticker on the frame down tube on the R/H side of the bike (as you sit on the bike) ?
This sticker has the Date Of Manufacture, Frame Number and other information on it, including the tyre sizes.
My 1979 KZ1300A1 has this sticker present, but it is a little worn out after 40 years.

If this is the WHITE Sticker you are refering to and you can manufacture a good replica sticker with my own bikes details on it, I would be very interested in buying a sticker from you ?

Thanks

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Last edit: by strate6.

VIN number check online and new sticker print 5 years 3 months ago #22663

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes, that sticker on the frame. Mine came off as I sand blasted the frame and then it was powder coated. I think there are techniques to preserve it but I just thought it's not that important. And now I'd like to have it back! haha

With mine, I can't find a photo of the entire sticker so I can't see that part with the manufacturing date. I also don't have the exact measurements. If you could post that it would be of great help, if I get to doing this.

Here is mine:

Attachments:

VIN number check online and new sticker print 5 years 3 months ago #22664

• strate6
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Stan,

I have sent you a PM.
Please respond !

Thanks

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds