TOPIC:

USA Muscle Cars..........Not KZ Related ! 5 years 3 months ago #22620

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
I have always had a passion for USA Muscle Cars since being a boy.
The 50's 60's and 70's muscle cars such as the 57 Chevvy, the Charger, Rod-Runner and Barracuda and anything S/S are among my favorite and I would love to have owned something on those lines, but mainly due to storage space and time, I never got to realize the Muscle Car dream and stuck with Retro Bikes and more practical and fitting cars like the 911, the Range Rover and Jaguars............nice, but just not USA Muscle Cars !

Anyway..............any if KZ Owners out there who share my passion and maybe own a Muscle Car or more, please post some good photos and specs for me if you dont mind as I still love to see them and would one day like to at least drive one.

Cheers and Happy New Year !

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

USA Muscle Cars..........Not KZ Related ! 5 years 3 months ago #22629

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Being a good Texas boy, I've had my share of Pickups, Corvettes and Trans Ams, but as the time went on I've migrated to a bit more specialized vehicles...

My Daily Driver... A 2006 Freightliner M2 with DD13 (12.7Liter) and an Allison 6-Speed:

And with the trailer for hauling toys around:

Lotus Evora. Bought this when my Son was 15. It's pretty much his at this point. It was factory supercharged... But now is on it's 2nd engine, turbo charged and running a Megasquirt ECU. Makes about 550hp on E85. Bit less on pump gas. We've raced it on occasion.

Race car #1:

Race car #2:

We run both Sprint Cars winged and non-winged. They have "Racesaver 305" engines. 305cid Chevy V8s with Spec Brodix heads, flat-top pistons and other items to keep the cost down. But they are methanol fueled, mechanical fuel injection. They "only" produce 440-500hp, but then only weigh 1500lbs with driver, so pretty good power to weight ratio. These are an experience to drive - imagine - no flywheel, no clutch, no transmission, a U-joint bolted to the back of the engine (and right between your feet!), enough stagger that it's a handful getting it down the straight and enough power to stand the car on the rear bumper if you can find the traction.

Superlight Coupe:

I originally built this car with plans for it to be a high-end street car. Somewhere along the way it's turned into a race car. It has had an LS7 and and LS1 (both blew while running the Big Bend Open Road Race). Now has a Turbocharged Lexus/Toyota 4L V8. Modeling software says it's good for 1050hp, but I've never cranked up the boost. Currently the motor is out for a dry-sump conversion. Trans-axle is a Graziano (think Audi R8 and Lambo Gallardo).

Also have a bright Yellow Ford F250. 15 years old, 4x4, Diesel, HMMWV (Humvee) wheels/tires. All the kids learned to drive in it. One of the kids slammed it into the concrete wall on I635 (loop around Dallas), but we patched it back together. Has about 250,000 miles on it now and still going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stocktoy

USA Muscle Cars..........Not KZ Related ! 5 years 3 months ago #22633

• stocktoy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 91
Nice collection of toys me likie

USA Muscle Cars..........Not KZ Related ! 5 years 3 months ago #22636

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Thank you for sharing Frank. Now I feel like a total loser and an asshole on the material world, LOL

USA Muscle Cars..........Not KZ Related ! 5 years 3 months ago #22638

• McZee
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Well if it's a race he's looking for !!!!!!
Attachments:

USA Muscle Cars..........Not KZ Related ! 5 years 3 months ago #22640

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
A toy hauler with real toys to haul. Nice !!. Good choice with the DD13 in the Freightliner. Are you happy with that engine package Frank??

That pic of you loading the Lotus in the trailer brings back memories. I had an enclosed trailer for the Porsche 928 and loading it I had about 1" on either side for clearance. It's a wide car and just fit inside a 96" wide trailer. After getting it in I had to crawl through the car and out the rear hatch to get out. Just couldn't hold the steering wheel straight for loading.
Thanks for sharing.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds