Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Short Legged ? 5 years 3 months ago #22549

• trainers
  • trainers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Stan, having many 70's Japanese bikes I know that they all have very flat seats and high seat heights. I really would like to own a 13 since I like the unique look it has. Heck, I wouldn't mind adapting the motor to a different frame if that's been done. I like resto/cafe bikes as well as stockers. So I'm open to a lot of options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Short Legged ? 5 years 3 months ago #22552

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I am all the way the same! Nobody could talk me out of what I decide I want. I just left the open end not wanting to be implying. But I'd go back to the board and make simple checks - that's sitting on a bike with 32 and respectively 30 inch seat. A seat can be lowered by 2 inches by shaving the foam. So, you will actually have a choice between a bike 30 or 28 inches tall. Definitely you could get another inch off, so 29 and 27 inches is what it really comes down to. I am all the way with Kawboy about NOT lowering the bike. Wear 'platforms' and I mean it sincerely, and you should be just fine. That should give you another inch or two advantage. So, at the end, we are talking 28 and 26 inches with those shoes. I don't think there is a bike with lower seat out there. Oh well, must be a Harley!

I sincerely hope I put it into perspective for you. Nothing beats the KZ1300 look! You must have it!

Short Legged ? 5 years 3 months ago #22555

• trainers
  • trainers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
That's why I value a lot of solid input for members who are much more knowledgeable than me. As I've mentioned before, I built a 79' CBX and 72' H2 prior which both had high seat heights, but overcame those issues with seats shaved. Right now I'm build a 77' KZ1000 but running shorter shocks and raised fork tubes. Not having found or sat on a KZ13, I don't what I'm looking at?

Short Legged ? 5 years 3 months ago #22557

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89

StanG wrote: ...Wear 'platforms'...

Or Cowboy boots. Or, some work style boots have a significant sole in the front and more in the heel. The thicker sole/heel is a safety item (needed) for some jobs. For example, a thick sole with at least and ADDITIONAL 1/2" on the heel is needed for guys that spend time working on steel ladders (and good for most any kind of ladder). Google to see what you can find, then look for someone local that would cater to those types of workers. Imagine spending hours at a time standing on 1/2" steel rod. Happens in power plants, refineries, etc all the time.

Combined with a trimmed seat can get you a long ways safely!
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Last edit: by Frank833.

Short Legged ? 5 years 3 months ago #22558

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
That's it Frank! I used to wear those black leather heavy 'biker' boots with a round clip around the ankle. At least 2 inches added to the heel.
I'd suggest to trainers to just start looking for the KZ1300 to buy and worry about that later, as it can be solved.
BY the way, I'd love to see your KZ1000 project. I am kind of obsessed with having one as well! The one that looks like a 'mini' 1300.

Short Legged ? 5 years 3 months ago #22679

• McBoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Ok, this is not standard (and if you are a KZ1300 purist, please do not look!), but hereunder a mock-up of my plan.

The horizontal braces will be cut away and the rear verticals will be linked together with a hoop behind the seat. The seat will sit on top of the two new cross sections. The seat height will then (for me) be perfect and same as my KZ1000P.

Paul

Six-Pot-Cafe in the making...

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds