• Page:

TOPIC:

Point Roberts, WA, yesterday 5 years 3 months ago #22519

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Some KZ1300 stuff picked up, including a 1979 - 1983 service manual that arrived and cost me $12. Yes!!! Just a bit of wrinkle due to water damage, no problem. Pages turn freely and look like new. Nothing like a paperback to study :)

It's been a fun ride, with wind gusts between 45 - 53 miles/hr. It felt like riding a boat sometimes! Leaning towards the wind to counter it. Quite a ride with a passenger.
Some fallen trees and some close to me! It looks like the time 3 - 4 pm was the worst, and that's when I went for a ride, LOL. But it was the most fun! Loved the waves!

Can you spot me in the vid? The bike is swaying sideways with the wind. This time, thanks for the good side stand and a safe ride Honda! Best watched at 720p setting.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Point Roberts, WA, yesterday 5 years 3 months ago #22522

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
I read PR declared some sort of local emergency there and they're asking people not to go there.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Point Roberts, WA, yesterday 5 years 3 months ago #22523

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
I bet they do. I'd highly advice to stay away, although it's quieter now I think. That was the worst time and the line up at the border was the longest I have ever seen!! Clearly the warnings were not available on time. And on the way back, the most stupid ignorant Canadian border security was processing people at a slower than slowest rate. An East Indian looking guy seemed like on a vacation when I got to the window. Clearly, seemed like the Csnadian Customs were either oblivious or trying to punish people, while trees were cracking above them. Assholes. Disgrace.

Last edit: by StanG.

Point Roberts, WA, yesterday 5 years 3 months ago #22530

• Raygun
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

StanG wrote: Some KZ1300 stuff picked up, including a 1979 - 1983 service manual that arrived and cost me $12. Yes!!! Just a bit of wrinkle due to water damage, no problem. Pages turn freely and look like new. Nothing like a paperback to study :)

I'm amazed you rebuilt your 1300 without a physical copy of the service manual! That's amazing. I'm a pretty young guy (less than 30) and the first thing I did was print and bind a copy of the service manual even though most people my age seem adverse to books. I can't stand looking at electronic versions of service manuals for too long. Bravo!
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Point Roberts, WA, yesterday 5 years 3 months ago #22531

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thank you very much Raygun! I must say, good for you to already have a KZ1300 at your age! It must feel even better than having one later in life. But it feels awesome nevertheless! :)
I agree, a physical copy is so much better to study and absorb. You can have pages bookmarked and remember more things because of more senses involved during interaction. Not so much staring at a screen, devoid of personalized experience.
A lot of this bike's building was by intuition and falling back on experience. When faced with specific technical issue, a big part was reading this forum and members advice, along with memorizing what the electronic manual says and making a few notes. Now, it feels great to have a book! I am going to print out other booklets and bind them for my KZ1300 library :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds