Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya 1/6 scale models 5 years 4 months ago #22417

• Raygun
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Damn I would love to buy one of these. I also found just the engine on Amazon . I wish I could buy the motorcycle model but the darned thing costs almost as much as I paid for my motorcycle!
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tamiya 1/6 scale models 5 years 4 months ago #22419

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes!!! There are red ones, cheaper than the green. And the engines are cheaper too and available. About 200 and respectively 90 on eBay. I'd like to have the green one as well, maybe that's why they are above 500!

Just imagine the whole thing made in aluminum. That would be even better! I'd love 1/4 scale model of the engine, to start with.

Last edit: by StanG.

Tamiya 1/6 scale models 5 years 4 months ago #22426

• Raygun
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Well from what it sounds like, you've got enough pieces for another full scale one :P These models are really cool though. I'll probably pick up one of those engines someday. Green is better looking than red (in my opinion) but that price is pretty steep.
1982 KZ1300
2003 KLX400SR
1999 KDX220
Wife
Son
Daughter
Cat x 3

Tamiya 1/6 scale models 5 years 4 months ago #22430

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Well from what it sounds like, you've got enough pieces for another full scale one

Well, it's not bad but not quite there yet! Lot's of internal things to take care of before bolting it together. Although just for display, I could almost put one together. The pipes will come from Frank833, still need a radiator, the top and bottom air box, the swing arm with shaft, and rear wheel. I know they are on eBay, but maybe someone out there has them taking up the much needed floor space?

The thing is you couldn't have it on your desk next to the computer, haha I think I will eventually get that engine stand one of the members is using. Of course, the best all around thing would be if I could get that frame listed on Craigslist. So far no answer. That or another rolling chases would be ideal, as I could plan all the wiring, which I intend to make from scratch.

I agree, the green one looks much better to me as well! But the prices are extreme. One of these days I will also go for the engine.

Tamiya 1/6 scale models 5 years 4 months ago #22507

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Chuck Kraeuter's Immaculate 1/2 Scale model of a 1966 Honda RC166

This is a 2011 write up, so perhaps you're already familiar with it. I bet, with current technologies this would be easier than hand machining.
3D printing can make wonders these days! And I think current real accurate 3D scanners, although still expensive, would easily handle this.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds