TOPIC:

There is something about a 1300.......... 5 years 4 months ago #21965

• strate6
  • strate6's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • On An Adventure Before Dementia ! !
  • Thank you received: 356
Today I finally got some quality time to bond with my latest 1300 in the garage and I must say its good to be back in the Old School !
Today was flushing the coolant system and replacing with fresh coolant for the winter ahead, renewing all the fuel pipes and inline filter with new ones and replacing the Rad Guards as the ones on the bike when I bought it had been slightly modified for a fairing that was fitted in the past (thanks again Dave D).
Its interesting working on a 1300 again after having a few more modern bikes (ZRX1200's) since the last 1300 I had 5 years ago. There is so much more Metal content on the 1300 than all the plastic on more modern bikes, and the quality is much better than the modern stuff, despite them still being well made bikes.
I find the 1300 really easy and nice to work on as everything is so accessible and relatively straight forward to reach and adjust.

Its like wearing an old pair of bike boots............which have been with you a long time and fit really well.

Pete F
UK
Why Have Four When You Can Have Six ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by strate6.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds