• Page:

TOPIC:

Sign in check doesn't work 6 years 3 months ago #18583

• StanG
  • StanG's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
I get signed out constantly every few minutes or randomly get a message to sign in then it tells me I am already signed in. Anyway, hard to predict or put into perspective the booting problem. But pretty much if I come back to the forum 20 times a day I have to sign in 20 times a day and the 'remember me' check box doesn't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sign in check doesn't work 6 years 3 months ago #18584

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
I've run into this before and found that if I cleared my temporary internet files off and my cache things got back to normal. Try that Stan and see if it works.
KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: StanG

Last edit: by Kawboy.

Sign in check doesn't work 6 years 3 months ago #18593

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Have you changed something? I did nothing at my end and now it's not signing me out after I leave the forum for 10 minutes, as it' s been doing. I'd imagine booting is a value assigned by number in admin account, not to do anything with cache. There are variables in numbers which specify actions of the code, usually PHP in forums like this.

Sign in check doesn't work 6 years 3 months ago #18599

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Stan,
The remember me function works fine for me. Chances are that you've got a corrupted cookie. I suggest that you find the cookie that KZ1300.com has placed on your computer and delete it. As Kawboy also suggested it helps to delete all your temporary internet files and clear your browser cache.
Good luck
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Sign in check doesn't work 6 years 3 months ago #18600

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Thank you Bill. Yes, I am trying to avoid cleaning those 'crumbs' because I need to stay put with other websites. I need cache to load fast and cookies to be up to date.
I will take this opportunity to wipe it for once and refresh, and see what happens. Firefox had been my first choice as well for many years, but I dumped it because of using too much of the resources. Things got improved in Chrome. I watch crypto trading sites in real life and need that to be flawless. Switching to Chrome helped a lot. No freezing. I will see what this leads me to. But I must remark that this happens only with this forum. New choice should overwrite an old cookie, which is just a text file with simple yes or no in it. I have a feeling that something might be overwriting it at the source.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds