• Page:

TOPIC:

It's Cold Today 6 years 3 months ago #18518

• tackelhappy
  • tackelhappy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
Gee's its cold this morning -32 below zero. Not getting much done on the bike. Can't get the shop warm enough. Maybe on the weekend.
Harley Davidson once made an opposed twin - like BMW.
Indian was somewhat the same ,but more like a Moto Guzzi
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's Cold Today 6 years 3 months ago #18520

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
That's a crazy temperature.. I've never experienced such lows. Sounds almost like Yukon.
In WW2 there were many Zündapp motorcycles. There was a flat four, which apparently steered Honda to making a Goldwing much later on.

It's Cold Today 6 years 3 months ago #18521

• tackelhappy
  • tackelhappy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
There's that old saying -there is nothing new under the sun. And the Indian was shaft drive. War time sure pushes technology forward quickly . Same type of story as the Zundapp. When I first followed the cb 750 we were all praising how innovative and "new " it was. But MV Agusta had their first transverse dohc 4 cylinder in 1950. ( race bike ).

Checked my rear tail light. The blue wire is ground for both bulbs. The red wire is power for the running lights. Remove the lens and see where the wires go just to check.
Two bulbs in the rear housing so two of everything.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada

Last edit: by tackelhappy.

It's Cold Today 6 years 3 months ago #18522

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Thanks man. I had the whole thing completely apart, then cleaned and painted inside and outside. All bought separate. The light bulb holders were rusted and not moving. Now all is like new. I went to Canadian Tire but from all the light bulbs they have, the only ones out of stock were these 1157's!! I will have to visit Lordco. My main concern was the wire attached quite low, I was wondering if that's the design or if they should be bend towards the front. Glad to hear all is in the right place.

I will have to post a photo of my old bike. I wish I had more, but in those days I didn't think much ahead. There were many things those days which I wish I had saved. That was such an opportunity considering my old country was insanely cheap comparing to the 'West'.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds