• Page:

TOPIC:

Have a dilema 6 years 4 months ago #18027

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Long time since I posted here on the forum lots going on personally ( relocated, new job etc). I am now in the process of putting back together 3 KZ1300s (Yes 3). But I am going to have 3 frames left over and they don't have titles. I hate to toss them just because of no paperwork and just don't have the space to store them and they just won't sell because of the paperwork issue. I know they're only a finite amount of KZ or Z 1300's left in the world and I just hate contributing to making the bike that much rarer. Am I thinking too much ? Just a big fan of the bike and it kind of bothers me.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kennyb.

Have a dilema 6 years 4 months ago #18029

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Being Canadian I REALLY struggle with this "no title" issue. You can't buy a street bike in Canada from the dealer (new) and not get a title and yet in the States not titles are a common occurence depending upon which state the bike is in. For the life of me, I just don't understand. If a Canadian bike owner loses a title for a bike, $10 at the local licence office will replace the title, so no excuse if it's lost to not be able to get one. I've even bought scrap cycles that had no title and then went to the licence office, explained the situation, signed an afadavit to the effect that I am the legal owner of the bike and the licence office issued a new title registered to me.

Have a dilema 6 years 4 months ago #18039

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
IF there is no other way except disposing them (if you could find time to do it) I would cut them down and save the part where you could mount the engine.
Weld legs so it could be put on a bench. Even better, make it so it could be rotated. And would also leave the area around the battery for mock ups of the electrical stuff.
I would love to have a stand for easy access to the engine case and I bet others would like it too. It would be great to be able to rotate it, secure in place and clean, polish, and paint!
Keeping a cut out of the top of the frame, that above the cylinder head, would be a great piece to play with when trying to fit different coils, wire harness routing etc.
You are working on three bikes, but lots of people have only one, so it's possible to experiment only to a degree. And probably most of those people do it only in winter. Having these props available would make it easy to experiment all year round.
In my case, someone rebuilding the only bike, doing fitting mock ups on a piece of frame would be great for later efficiency when putting it all together on the actual bike.
If worse comes to worst, these frames can have a meaning and be very useful for these bikes, and live on.

Have a dilema 6 years 4 months ago #18040

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 831
I'd like to take a frame and with some modifications use it as the radiator. The volume of coolant that the Major-Tubes could hold would be significant. I visualize the thermostat discharge being connected to the top of the right-side cradle and a chrome tube (something like a header down-pipe) would return the coolant from the rear, under the oil-pan. Some cross drilling and patching would be necessary to divide the frame to get a Hot/Cool flow pattern. Got some other details bouncing around in my mind but for now - I'll keep the dream as is !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds