• Page:

TOPIC:

Rocking Horse Sh1t - New Unregistered Z13 6 years 5 months ago #17770

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
True story - I bumped into a trusted bike dealer mate a few weeks ago, who offered me first dibs on a zero mile 1979 unregistered Z13 that had been sat in a dealership forever !!
I kept ths offer to myself for a while (as it was too good to be true), and was desperate to see what condition she was in: sadly every piece of chrome and paintwork was in need of full cosmetic restoration, and I was too scared that it would become a money pit: such a shame it was not dry stored - as it would have been the find of the century.

www.essexclassiccarauctions.co.uk/catalo...b-new-un-registered/

Owner has decided to put her through a Classic Auction - curious to see what it goes for, and if no-one bids I may yet throw in a cheeky but optimistic phone bid :whistle: :unsure:

Cant believe that there are such exampes stil out there.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rocking Horse Sh1t - New Unregistered Z13 6 years 5 months ago #17772

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Such a shame about the corrosion. I wonder what the value would be otherwise. I recall a year or two back, one came up for sale still in it's shipping crate, but don't remember what it sold for.

Rocking Horse Sh1t - New Unregistered Z13 6 years 5 months ago #17789

• StanG
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 248
Tonto, just look at my bike which I am working on. Seat missing, all the lights missing, etc. etc. This one is all original, and with zero miles on top of it, I wouldn't have a second thought if I had bike money laying in a drawer. A bit chrome here and there, polishing, so what. I'd get it if it runs. If it doesn't, still a great template to paint, polish and have a rare 100% original bike. How many are there KZ1300 with zero mileage?

Last edit: by StanG.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds