Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Moto GP- What's Happening 5 years 10 months ago #20161

• usakz1300
  • usakz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
And, more; Andrea Iannone to Aprilia in 2019/2020, joining Aleix Espargaró. Redding out at Aprilia.

And, then, silly season reality strikes, "just added to the Super Team, The Easter Bunny, riding a Honda moped"...what next?????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moto GP- What's Happening 5 years 10 months ago #20218

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Greetings from Catalunya, and Barcelona. Weather was 82 deg/F today, track temp was averaged at 113 deg/F, nice day for a bike event. I'll be forced, once again, to spend the greater part of the day in the telemetry cell, though.

Well, the "Super Team" is sure crowing about their individual abilities, it is very evident that no team work will transpire from either one next season. El Torpedo and The Self Proclaimed King of Arrogance will be at each other, all the way.

El Torpedo saved himself this morning, literally washed the front end to the lock, and somehow, saved it. It wasn't skill, just luck

Mr, Arrogant was literally livid mad when his second bike wasn't ready for him to take out in one of the qualifiers, and he let EVERYONE in Westrern Europe know about it.

I have to go to a tech briefing session now, should be the usual stuff, everything works well, EXCEPT the Michelin tires.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, Kawboy

Last edit: by usakz1300.

Moto GP- What's Happening 5 years 10 months ago #20222

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More to come tomorrow, after last meeting here, very interesting about King of Arrogance.

Moto GP- What's Happening 5 years 10 months ago #20223

• PKZ1300
  • Thank you received: 8
Funny how his tantrum was caught by the cameras, he certainly was laying into his crew chief. When he was celebrating with his pole the look on his crew chief's face was basically F#@$ you sunshine! I wonder if his bike may start having mystery ailments........

Moto GP- What's Happening 5 years 10 months ago #20228

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
I also saw the tantrum on TV - when asked later , Lorenzo said it was down to a "bad tyre" - so why hammer your crew chief and team, error was hardly their making ?
I guess his crew must be so pleased he's HRC bound, and Petrucci (who always seems like a good rational guy) has got the ride.

That said he rode the bike well.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Moto GP- What's Happening 5 years 10 months ago #20230

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
This is wild speculation, but felt honest by many in the community.

One Spanish rider that rides for an Italian manufacturer wasn't happy with the team, agreement, and other issues when he signed up, neither was the team with him from day one. He demanded more money than was worth, and has been systematically whining and crying since.

One thing is to "sandbag" in an effort to be able to go to another team and get his way, bike is sub standard, team doesn't love me, I am the King, bad tyres, name it. Enhances the negotiating attempt to get a great deal in creating a "Super Team".

Now that it is done deal, King starts riding to win, bike really isn't bad.

Very interesting, indeed. .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Last edit: by usakz1300.
Time to create page: 1.493 seconds