Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 7 months ago #17258

• usakz1300
  • usakz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 68
It has been a very stressful week. Forced travel to Japan, then, to a hospital in Italy, for a person that fell off his dirt bike, broke his right tib/fib, and all that flying on heavier than air pop rivited together gravity defyers.

Will be home mid week, then off to the next race, it never seems to stop any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KZQ.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 7 months ago #17375

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Things continue to be extremely hectic. Some of the tire issues have been from a tech setting the swing arm side to side clearance too tight, binding the arm, causing traction issues. Now, if Michelin can finally get its act together, we'll be OK.

Then, Vale got hurt. He rode in closed testing Monday and Tuesday, looked OK, painful. Now, he wants to go see if he can actually ride the next race at Aragon. He is 42 points back from the WC lead.

Racers...we are all alike, ABSOLUTELY NO COMMON Sense.

Last edit: by KZQ.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 7 months ago #17379

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
It's my understanding that the Moto GP circuit has to run the Michelin race tires as part of the requirements. Does Michelin not get involved with the racers and crews to determine the issues and attempt to resolve to improve the overall result? Seems like that would be good for everybody wouldn't it?

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 7 months ago #17393

• Dion
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi John
the first thing i had to learn when being in the circus was that common sense is not the order of the day unfortunately
im sure Dave will probably back that, im figuring on my past experience things probably haven't changed that much
i believe its a combination of pride and pig headedness that dictates this situation
Kenny Roberts once enlightened me in a very interesting conversation we had regards to the teams interaction with Yamaha it just dumbfounded me the process Team Roberts went through to get Yamaha to do what they had worked out was required to get the bike working.
Dave great to see Dovi doing so well on the Ducati, if Honda have any more failures it may give Ducati the title
Dion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 7 months ago #17398

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Michelin is the control contract tire for MotoGP full size bikes.

Vale passed his physical, is walking with a single crutch, and will ride in a bit of time, still dark here, will be day soon, though. He seems OK, just a bit of pain. Top 3 in championship points are only 42 points separated, 5 races ;left in the year, counting this one, left in the season. Aragon is the track.

Kenny just sold his family ranch in Hickman, and is moving the museum out of California.

Last edit: by usakz1300.

Moto GP- What's Happening 6 years 6 months ago #17422

• usakz1300
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well, we didn't do that bad, Maverick was 4th, Vale led for a short time, then finished a very painful 5th, Zarco, Folger back a bit from there. We are still in the hunt for the championship with both factory riders, but, it's anybody's game right now. Maverick had grip trouble...yet again, very old with the Michelin tires. Reminds me, I have to ask when their contract expires, hope SOON.

Twin Ring (Motegi) in 2 - 1/2 weeks, should give Vale a bit of time to get better.

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds