• Page:

TOPIC:

This is the life 6 years 7 months ago #17014

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
For the first time in a long while, the weather in Bobcaygeon Ontario was too nice not to take lunch down to the Trent Severn Lock #32 to watch the boats pass through. This 52 footer had a big street bike sitting on the top deck and almost everyone at the locks wanted to know how he got it up there. Note the Davitt on the starboard side. Now Bobcaygeon to Beaufort South Carolina is quite a hike. Probably 800 miles through the Trent-Severn to the Great Lakes and then down the inland water passageway. Great trip if you have a couple of months to waste away.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

This is the life 6 years 7 months ago #17017

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Very cool. Nice way to spend your lunch. Enjoy it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kawboy

This is the life 6 years 7 months ago #17020

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
The guy needs two Davitts. One for the US side, the other for Canada.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

This is the life 6 years 7 months ago #17115

• Bucko
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164

Kawboy wrote: ... Now Bobcaygeon to Beaufort South Carolina is quite a hike. Probably 800 miles through the Trent-Severn to the Great Lakes and then down the inland water passageway. Great trip if you have a couple of months to waste away.

Via the Erie Canal? Would love to do that trip! I was at the Big Chute just a few days ago watching the boats go up and down.
Hello from Canada's We(s)t coast.

Last edit: by Bucko.

This is the life 6 years 7 months ago #17117

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Bucko wrote:

Kawboy wrote: ... Now Bobcaygeon to Beaufort South Carolina is quite a hike. Probably 800 miles through the Trent-Severn to the Great Lakes and then down the inland water passageway. Great trip if you have a couple of months to waste away.

Via the Erie Canal? Would love to do that trip! I was at the Big Chute just a few days ago watching the boats go up and down.

i rode the Chute probably 12 years ago in a 30 ft SeaRay. A week later one of the cables broke and the carriage ran down the rails 80 odd feet and a load of boats went crashing into the water below. One of those boats moored at Lagoon City just three slips down from me. It was a 42 foot flybridge. The Captain was in the hospital for almost 6 months from injuries from the crash. Must have been a hell of a ride. If you were at the Chute, you can imagine what it must have looked like. I think the elevation drop is 58 feet but the travel down the rails is about 250 feet.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds