Canadian Contingent! 6 years 10 months ago #16443

• Dion
  • Dion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hi to the Canadian group of KZ13 Forum
I have just been watching the news on the floods ravaging parts of your country
I think most on the site would be hoping you have been lucky enough to have missed that devastation
for any tied up in it by any means i hope you manage to get through it with the least amount of strife.
best wishes Dion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Contingent! 6 years 10 months ago #16448

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
It's been a hell of a spring here in southern Ontario. I live 2 blocks away from the Trent -Severn Waterway. Pigeon Lake is about 3 feet higher than normal this year. The spillways are wide open and the drops across the spillways are so minimal right now since the water is so high in all of the system. It almost doesn't have anywhere to go.
We've seen a couple of days this year in the 18-20 deg. C. this spring instead of 30-40 days of that weather. Today is a high of 10 deg. C. Just wicked. I feel for the Quebecors at the moment. They've taken a pretty big hit. We've got 3 days without rain coming this week. I hope this helps out Quebec.

Canadian Contingent! 6 years 10 months ago #16491

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
We got a lot of rain on the East Coast but it didn't flood us out like the people in Quebec or Ontario. That's some bad flooding.

Canadian Contingent! 6 years 10 months ago #16497

• Dion
  • Dion's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 42
sound like you guys all got through ok, thats great,
hey i was watching tv show and apparently you vi with Russia regarding the title coldest country in the world.
do you run spikes on your tyres ??
Dion

Canadian Contingent! 6 years 10 months ago #16503

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
do you run spikes on your tyres ??
Dion

:whistle: Personally speaking, Yes: tires are studded front and rear with 5/16" X 1" 'roofing" screws The ones with the bonded rubber seal under the washer to keep the air in. When the snow's too deep we have to revert to our auxiliary "sled-dogs". As a rule-of-numb - 6 well trained Malamutes equipped with rear paw-chains can pull the bike at a mind bending 16-18 KPH. If I'm running a bit late for work at the ice-plant, I'll hook-up all 11 but need to make sure I tether myself on with my original Genuine Saskatchewan Seal-Skin 5-point harness.. There's nothing like a spirited winter drive with a well tuned team, sipping on my thermos of "Timmies" and hearing the "jewellery" hit the ice, which sound's like Santa's reindeer. We always get to where we need to go. .......... provided we can dig out of our Igloos. Have one problem dog that occasionally runs rough but a good flushing with my "Cleaning Tool" always dislodges that undigested bit of whale-meat :sick: "

"It's a sick Six World and I'm a Happy Guy" !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Last edit: by scotch.

Canadian Contingent! 6 years 10 months ago #16508

• Ledkz1300
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
LOL Scotch.... perpetuating the Canadian stereotypes.

Dion... in all seriousness... some of us do run studded tires on our cars for the winter months, depending on where in Canada you live.

I would agree Canada can be as cold or colder than Russia but only certain provinces and usually far North.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds