Interesting links and pictures. 7 years 4 months ago #14931

• KZQ
  • KZQ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
Hi Folks,
I think we could do with a bit of networking. If you'll post up your favorite 1300 links I'll work them into a position on one of the menus or perhaps even the home page.

I found this one earlier today:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Z1300

Also the image fader on the home page needs an update desperately. If you have some good pics of 13s please get in touch with me by PM and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interesting links and pictures. 7 years 4 months ago #14935

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
How about a nice shot of the internals?

I'm sure there are better shots out there
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ

Interesting links and pictures. 7 years 4 months ago #14936

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
I do like the look of this custom Z1300 cafe style.

Youtube Video
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Interesting links and pictures. 7 years 4 months ago #14945

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Not sure where I got these from, they were in my Photobucket account:

Only dead fish go with the flow

Last edit: by Phil.

Interesting links and pictures. 7 years 4 months ago #14947

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
I'll show off a couple of my best.

The following user(s) said Thank You: KZQ, Kawboy

Interesting links and pictures. 7 years 4 months ago #14950

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Just some thoughts to ponder.
Regarding the image fader on the Home Page- I enjoy seeing this kind of representation on our home page. It represents our group to those who stumble onto our site when they are browsing. One thing of note from me is that this image display always starts with the same pic and progresses through like a photo Power Point instead of a rolling photo display. I would like to see it display photos more random rather than the same clip over and over.
Also, I think the photo display should show representation from all the various renditions of our brotherhood. We have the "purests" out there who go to the enth degree to make their ride perfect in every detail. Then we have the "Robert Bolduc's " who have a vision to marry the KZ1300 with the newer rides and they are purely insprirational. We also have the "Modifiers " who have created the trikes, rat rods, muscle bikes and everthing in between. They are the visionaries with artistic roots. We're such a creative bunch who come together and share our thoughts and needs and support each other as best as we can. It would be really nice to broadcast that image to those who check out our site to demonstrate that although we represent one Kawasaki model, we are rather diverse. So I would encourage everyone to send in photos of their rides with a nice back drop of areas that they ride in and possibly you could add a text strip on the bottom of the photos with the members site name, City, Province/State and Country. If it was a rolling display, we could have 1000's of pics in the rolling display and keep adding. It would be fun to go to the Home page and watch for a while and maybe see your ride come up. It would also show the world how far and wide we cover the earth and come together as friends from all over the earth.

As far as the links to other sites - I like popping by the www.kzrider.com site and checking in on what they are up to. They are a great bunch also and more diverserified than we are. We have a few KZ1300's over there as well and it could be some of the same guys on our site with different names. I enjoy checking them out just to see what else is going on in the motorcycle world.
I'd also like to see parts and info sites represented with a brief explanation of what you can find on the site be it electrical parts, mechanical parts or information for....... One site I abuse quite often is www.partzilla.com . They have OEM parts for all types of motorcycles and although I would not obtain parts from them since trying to buy on several occasions and finding out the parts are no longer available, the exploded views of the parts with manufacturers part numbers is invaluable to me. A lot of the KZ1300's have been purchased from previous owners and have been butchered . When I go to rebuild I trust no one that worked on the bike I'm working on and always go to the partszilla site and review the exploded views and check to see that I have all the required pieces in my bike compared to the drawings. The service manual doesn't have that detail.
And we can't forget www.z1300.de Our German friend whos devotion to supplying the unobtainable parts that we all are looking for. Rubber boots for the driveshaft, stainless fork ears, stainless side covers for the airboxes and complete exhaust systems. WOW, ThANKYOU !! He really deserves representation as far as links go.

Anyway, I think you know where I'm coming from. Look forward to seeing where you go with your idea.

Last edit: by Kawboy.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds