Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Well times are changing ! 7 years 8 months ago #13416

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I once had a near mint condition Honda CX650 Eurosport stolen when I forgot to put it in my garage one night. The insurance company told me that even in the garage they still need to be chained to a ground anchor.

Idiots that stole my bike quickly painted it by hand, very badly, with bright red rattle can. Made the worst looking number plate with insulation tape on cardboard - and smashed every single lock on the bike. I don't know how it didn't draw attention.

It was found in a dodgy bike salvage/repair yard and the owner said someone had dropped it off to have some work done on it but he couldn't remember who it was as he didn't know them.

Police were informed by someone, who had been arrested for something else, who stole my bike but the couldn't get any evidence to pin it on him - and wouldn't tell me who it was either!

Still, next bike was my first Z1300, so every cloud and all that.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well times are changing ! 7 years 8 months ago #13446

• wirral_biker
  • wirral_biker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5

Mark wrote: No class for touching or taking anything from anybody hope you get your bike back

Times certainly are changing. Police contacted me ( well, I contacted them actually ) when I had heard nothing for two days...only to be told that my bike had been ragged all around a nearby local council estate the day before, then eventually hit three cars. The young thief was detained by one of the drivers but the thief had called up reinforcements and a gang of 15 turned up and the thief was helped to escape. Rockster written off, apparently. With all the police cut-backs, I genuinely think we are losing this war on crime. I won't even be seeing a police officer to give a statement etc etc. So bike stolen, police lose my file ( they have apologized ), bike written off and rider assisted by gang warfare to walk away 'scott free' !!
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the Wirral :-)

Well times are changing ! 7 years 8 months ago #13449

• hillsy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 25

wirral_biker wrote:

Mark wrote: No class for touching or taking anything from anybody hope you get your bike back

Times certainly are changing. Police contacted me ( well, I contacted them actually ) when I had heard nothing for two days...only to be told that my bike had been ragged all around a nearby local council estate the day before, then eventually hit three cars. The young thief was detained by one of the drivers but the thief had called up reinforcements and a gang of 15 turned up and the thief was helped to escape. Rockster written off, apparently. With all the police cut-backs, I genuinely think we are losing this war on crime. I won't even be seeing a police officer to give a statement etc etc. So bike stolen, police lose my file ( they have apologized ), bike written off and rider assisted by gang warfare to walk away 'scott free' !!

That is just plain atrocious.

What is the point in even having a police force like that?

I hope you're insured and at least get paid out.

This shit is not right.

Well times are changing ! 7 years 6 months ago #14547

• dogfight
  • Thank you received: 2
I just gotta ask- who steals a Beemer? How do you sell hot Bemmer parts anyway? Not just no class but no brains either!
Probably a one idiot job- couldn't push the 1300. I'd look locally and I bet if you put the word out with a reward you'll find the fool.
Dogfight

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds