Kawasaki 1300 -- Why? 10 years 3 months ago #987

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
Oh yes ;)

Only dead fish go with the flow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kawasaki 1300 -- Why? 10 years 3 months ago #989

• zoso
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
What makes the z1300 so desirable is the fact that you can load on panniers, a top box, a pillion and go touring all without affecting the performance of the bike. You can sit at 70 - 75 mph all day (or until the petrol gauge shows empty) effortlessly. As far as I'm concerned it's a big comfy tourer with a bullet proof engine - an unbeatable combination. Every time I park it somewhere someone always comes over and asks me about it....why....because it's unique. Modern bikes are made of plastic and generally all look the same.
The z1300 looks like no other bike ever built.

Kawasaki 1300 -- Why? 10 years 3 months ago #992

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
Had a couple of 13's over the many years of riding, all with sidecars, once you had one you always think of it when you haven't got one, if that makes sense ?, besides why follow all the rest of the male menopause guys and get a Harley, I like to stay unique and a bit apart from the rest of the sheep, and you can't get more unique than the 13
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

Last edit: by kza13.

Kawasaki 1300 -- Why? 10 years 3 months ago #993

• pete1958
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6
For me it was just a deal. I never knew much about the 13 but have a few kawasaki bikes and was offerd this one at a biker breakfast for 800.00 and couldnt pass it up for that price. I have only rode it around the block so far and cant wait to see what it really has because it really has some pep to it just from running it around the side street.
a bunch of old kawasaki`s

Kawasaki 1300 -- Why? 10 years 3 months ago #1000

• wrgoo56
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Why I like my KZ 1300 well let put some history here. I owned my first new bike at 20 years old I just had got married and went out and got A 550 3 cly Suzuki. My cousin had a 500 Kawasaki and I spent most of my time on the back of his bikes. Before that my dad has a Cushman and a motogussy I used to ride. My wife and I wore out the 550 and I got the new 550 4 cly Suzuki they came out with and we wore it out. We put over 80,000 on both bikes and I was looking for some thing bigger so I went with the 750 4 cly Suzuki. I only had that bike for 6 week, it was a killer on the back but power was good. My cousin says you need a Kaw so I went looking and walked in to the Kawasaki and Suzuki dealer. I walked right by the 1300 and was looking at some others and the 1000’s when I heard this bike fire up out side the door. It sounded like a turbo charged porch. The salesman was showing it to another guy and I listen to the sale pitch. Oh yeah the guy was good but that is not what sold me on the bike. One the sound there is no other bike that sounds like it. Two no vibration when it sets and idle's you could see in the mirrors with it running at idle. They let me take the bike for a test ride so I put the wife on the back and headed for the freeway. Now the ramp to the freeway was not all that long and by the time I hit the end of that ramp we where doing 120 and it took nothing at all to get there. I was 180 at the time and the wife was 140. I had never been on any bike that was that fast and that smooth.
Now to be fair to the rest of you my 1300 had been nothing but a pain in the ass for one reason it was not set up right from the start. First the alternator was not charging right and they could not figure it out. It took the third bike shop to get it right and by that time the bike set so much the inside of the tank started to rust. That is why my bike only has 4900 miles on it in 34 years. Between alt, tank and carbs she has not seen must road time till this year when I set my mind to putting her together again and ride. I am retiring at 62 and its time to ride. Being a master truck tech for 15 years before trucking the last 12 years I figured I could work on any thing. But here is where you guys come in. It was all the info on the old site and now this one and you guy that have helped me put her back together and running right. I have put more miles on her in 4 months and any of the years I have owned her. She was the third one sold in Columbus Ohio in 1978 in April. She was only two months old according to the vin sticker. I am going to try to pick up the Kawasaki 2000 v twin this summer if I can find one with low mileage.
All I can say I guess if you want the best and the fastest ride out there buy a Kawasaki.

Kawasaki 1300 -- Why? 5 years 1 month ago #23606

• biltonjim
  • biltonjim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Since it is a long time since this thread was started, I thought I would bring it to the fore , hoping that the newer members might add to it.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds