TOPIC:

Tyre Farce 8 years 3 weeks ago #11301

• McZed
  • McZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The saga so far.
Looking for a new front tyre for my Z1300, a quick internet search came up with a supplier called Oponeo, apparently based in the UK. I filled out the required form, which asked the usual relevant questions. Make and size of tyre, front or rear, make and model of the bike etc. I ordered the tyre and paid with pay-pal, plus an extra £12.00 for 48 hour delivery. Switched on my phone the next morning and there was a confirmation e-mail thanking me for my order of a REAR tyre. Contacted them regarding the confusion between front and rear and was told it was too late to cancel as the order had gone through, but not to worry as I could refuse delivery on the tyre when it arrived at my address, and a full refund would be given upon its return. 48 hours came and went, no sign of the tyre, e-mailed again. The tyre hasn’t left France yet. France? I enquired. How was I going to get a 48 hour delivery from France?
Don’t panic sir, here is a tracking number, you can follow your tyres progress to your address. Logged on to this tracking number. You’ve guessed it. “Unfortunately there are no results please check your entry” So that’s my progress so far, I would have been quicker and less hassle to go to my local tyre shop and get them to fit a tyre. It’s a lesson learned the hard way. Is there a difference between a front and fear tyre? I don't know to be honest, Would I recommend Oponeo to anyone? Well possibly I would, but not until ice skating becomes de rigueur in Hades.
:angry:
Z1300 UK
The following user(s) said Thank You: zed_thirteen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tyre Farce 8 years 3 weeks ago #11304

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 221
they seems to be on the web in the whole EU, saw them in Germany, too.

Will buy my tyres always in a shop.

Goodl luck mate.

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Tyre Farce 8 years 3 weeks ago #11313

• McZed
  • McZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The tyre saga continues.
Finally got the delivery company’s parcel tracking to accept the delivery number. It said the tyre would be delivered “during the course of the day” My wife watched and waited all day, no sign of the tyre. I was home just after three o’clock this afternoon. Still no sign of the tyre. Checked the tracking app again at about 6 this evening. It said delivery was attempted at 4 0’clock this afternoon but no one was in. You couldn’t make this up, all I wanted was a new tyre, how hard could this be.
:angry: :angry: :angry:
Z1300 UK

Tyre Farce 7 years 11 months ago #11839

• m_gurney
  • Thank you received: 1
Hope your tyre eventually turned up!

I am sure that someone with an MOT background can advise you, but when I imported my KZ from the states, it had a rear fitment tyre on the front, fitted back to front on the rim. It went through 2 MOT's like that - the MOT inspector said that it was acceptable because of the year of the bike ('79)? Anyway, along rolled year 3, and apparently it was not acceptable to a new MOT tester. I decided to change the tyre anyway, as the old one was pretty hard and knackered.

Good luck!
M
Biggest regret, selling my Voyager!
The following user(s) said Thank You: McZed

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds