Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Got a favorite tire changer? 8 years 3 weeks ago #11636

• Mark
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Lol Trikebldr, I was more incensed by this comment (I guess we don't have any DIY'ers on here!) than tire machines. However it is good to see light hearted banter and opinions on here along with reasons to do or not to do. As for a studio apartment and 4 mates not sure where I could muster 4 friends from, and if I could I would wonder what they were after probably my tire levers lol.
So in answer to your original post to see what others use, in my case Tire Levers with a struggle if I have to.
I must admit you have a point, I don't like paying people for work that I can do competently myself and take the view if I have to borrow a tool then I need to buy one, especially if it will get frequent use. You seem to have a lot of tires so probably a good investment, just watch out for those new mates that suddenly appear you will know what they want you for Lol.
Now lets be friends Lol, because in all honesty I value your opinions and knowledge into Z1300's along with everyone else's on here.
Germany 2 England 3
17 years a Z13 owner at present 3 x A1's and an A4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got a favorite tire changer? 8 years 3 weeks ago #11638

• trikebldr
  • trikebldr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38

Mark wrote: Lol Trikebldr, I was more incensed by this comment (I guess we don't have any DIY'ers on here!) than tire machines.... if I have to borrow a tool then I need to buy one. You seem to have a lot of tires,...Now lets be friends Lol,...

Yes, probably a bad choice of phrasing! From your other comments about buying a tool when you need to borrow one, we are probably alike! This is how I have acquired my entire collection of tools and equipment over the years. it's just that with so many various hobbies in my life I have tons of equipment and have learned to appreciate having the right tools to do my own work so I have total control over the quality.
Again, yes, I do find myself in a position, having recently picked up two Voyagers and a sidecar, to need to replace all of the tires due to age, mostly. I'm always leery of hitting the highways for 2000 miles or more on tires I know nothing about. So, all five will be replaced. Too bad, too, since all five have good tread, but their manufacture codes are too old for my liking.
BTW, I too have a set of tire spoons, including some 30" long ones for the more stubborn tires. I guess my objection to simply using some tire irons is how much I have to wrestle to keep the wheel on the ground while also prying with the spoons. To have it solidly held while I work on it was my initial focus on using a tire machine. Then I saw how easy it was to use one of the no-mar bars to remove and mount a tire. The local Honda shop has two manual machines and he let me try one to change some tires for him. So slick! I was hooked!
Of course we're friends! We have a common passion!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds